If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any deals on 49XF9005?

Options
  • 21-07-2018 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

1) Can you do better than the current 1099 pounds on your website?
    I read in one of the threads below about additional 50 pounds off on this model?

2) Is the 6 year warranty available for this model?

3) Is this model available in the Belfast shop? I can pick it up myself.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

valdigre wrote: »
    I read in one of the threads below about additional 50 pounds off on this model?

Hi valdigre,

I have one of these available in the Belfast store brand new. I can also apply the £50 off voucher which would mean the total cost including a 6 year guarantee would be: £1049.

If you would like me to reserve this for collection please PM me with your details and I can hold it aside.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Hi valdigre,

I have one of these available in the Belfast store brand new. I can also apply the £50 off voucher which would mean the total cost including a 6 year guarantee would be: £1049.

If you would like me to reserve this for collection please PM me with your details and I can hold it aside.

Kind regards

David

Great, thanks.

Are there any freebies, like UBPX800 4K Blu-ray player or Sony HTCT290 soundbar (specified on the website)?

I am wondering about collection vs delivery.

There is no way I would be available to collect the parcel before 5 pm during the week at my home address... On the other hand, it would be impossible for me to carry the tv from my work address back home, as I am walking to work.

Is it possible to collect the parcel at home address after 5 pm?

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi valdigre,

Kind regards

David

Great, thanks.

Are there any freebies, like UBPX800 4K Blu-ray player or Sony HTCT290 soundbar (specified on the website)?

I am wondering about collection vs delivery.

There is no way I would be available to collect the parcel before 5 pm during the week at my home address... On the other hand, it would be impossible for me to carry the tv from my work address back home, as I am walking to work.

Is it possible to collect the parcel at home address after 5 pm?

Thanks!
    Hi ,

Unfortunately the free soundbar and Blu-ray player offers have now ended ( they were on the website dated to finish on the 12th June)

In terms of delivery we can arrange a delivery for AM or PM but after 17:00 is difficult and would normally cost extra - collection from the store is no problem and we can reserve the items for you no problem :)

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi ,

Unfortunately the free soundbar and Blu-ray player offers have now ended ( they were on the website dated to finish on the 12th June)

In terms of delivery we can arrange a delivery for AM or PM but after 17:00 is difficult and would normally cost extra - collection from the store is no problem and we can reserve the items for you no problem :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the info.

Does the delivery address have to be the credit card billing address? Could I put in alternative delivery address?

Do you accept PayPal as payment?

Hi ,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the info.

Does the delivery address have to be the credit card billing address? Could I put in alternative delivery address?

Do you accept PayPal as payment?
    Hi Valdigre.

You can change the delivery address no problem. For first times purchasers changing the delivery address we would require proof of address for the credit or debut card. Drivers licence, Pass Port, bank statement or something along those lines that has your name and the card address on it.

Unfortunately we do not accept PayPal as way of payment.

We can take Debut or Credit card or bank transfer.

• Advertisement

Hi Valdigre.

You can change the delivery address no problem. For first times purchasers changing the delivery address we would require proof of address for the credit or debut card. Drivers licence, Pass Port, bank statement or something along those lines that has your name and the card address on it.

Unfortunately we do not accept PayPal as way of payment.

We can take Debut or Credit card or bank transfer.

Thanks again for the information.

I have zero tolerance for hot/stuck/burnt pixels.

What is your warranty or Sony's warranty in this subject?
    If I find one can I get a replacement TV set?

Can you do initial checkup of the TV so that I don't have to come over from Dublin and replace it, if I find dead pixels?

Thank you!

Valdigre,

I understand where you are coming from regarding pixels however we do adopt the same protocol that most manufacturers use and of course if there is a cluster or a pixel stuck in a central screen position we would look at repair replacement but we cannot guarantee perfect pixel performance across the full screen for a 6 year period and guarantee a replacement in advance - as with all service issues all TV's have to be inspected in the first instance to see if repair or replacement is the most appropriate approach.

We never open TV's prior to purchase - most Customer would seriously mistrust arriving in-store and seeing an open box TV - but of course you are welcome to check in-store on purchase.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Valdigre,

I understand where you are coming from regarding pixels however we do adopt the same protocol that most manufacturers use and of course if there is a cluster or a pixel stuck in a central screen position we would look at repair replacement but we cannot guarantee perfect pixel performance across the full screen for a 6 year period and guarantee a replacement in advance - as with all service issues all TV's have to be inspected in the first instance to see if repair or replacement is the most appropriate approach.

We never open TV's prior to purchase - most Customer would seriously mistrust arriving in-store and seeing an open box TV - but of course you are welcome to check in-store on purchase.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Kenny, I can't wait to pick the TV up from you guys this weekend. :)

Another thing I would like to upgrade is the sound.
    I have two pc speakers (m-audio av 40 II) hooked up to the TV via 3.5 mm input. They are very nice, but lots of cables, no optical and no Bluetooth either. I would like a better experience for my Xbox, movies and music.

I would like a nice, not overly expensive set of speakers (or soundbar maybe with a sub) that would nicely accompany the TV. I would like it to support Bluetooth so that I can play music from my phones and other devices. The other requirement is that I am limited in space, so it cannot be too big and rather compact solution.

Can you recommend something or do you have any promotions at the moment?

Maybe some deal if I was buying TV plus + speakers?

Valdigre,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Kenny, I can't wait to pick the TV up from you guys this weekend. :)

Another thing I would like to upgrade is the sound.
    I have two pc speakers (m-audio av 40 II) hooked up to the TV via 3.5 mm input. They are very nice, but lots of cables, no optical and no Bluetooth either. I would like a better experience for my Xbox, movies and music.

I would like a nice, not overly expensive set of speakers (or soundbar maybe with a sub) that would nicely accompany the TV. I would like it to support Bluetooth so that I can play music from my phones and other devices. The other requirement is that I am limited in space, so it cannot be too big and rather compact solution.

Can you recommend something or do you have any promotions at the moment?

Maybe some deal if I was buying TV plus + speakers?
    Hi Valdigre.

We would not sell any 2.1 system that connect via 3.5mm. These type of speakers tend to be PC based.

You could have a look Yamaha YAS207 priced at £268.00 - 5 Star reviewed  in What HiFi.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207.aspx

We always try to offer deals where possible but with the 207 there would be no further reduction unfortunately.

Or for something more compact the Acoustic Energy AEGO Sound3ar priced at £219.00 - i could drop to £199 on one of these. (Currently not in stock and would need ordered and shipped out to you).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202610-aego-sound3ar.aspx

Perhaps when you call over the weekend something else might catch your eye as we have several soundbars out on display.

Hi Valdigre.

We would not sell any 2.1 system that connect via 3.5mm. These type of speakers tend to be PC based.

You could have a look Yamaha YAS207 priced at £268.00 - 5 Star reviewed  in What HiFi.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207.aspx

We always try to offer deals where possible but with the 207 there would be no further reduction unfortunately.

Or for something more compact the Acoustic Energy AEGO Sound3ar priced at £219.00 - i could drop to £199 on one of these. (Currently not in stock and would need ordered and shipped out to you).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202610-aego-sound3ar.aspx

Perhaps when you call over the weekend something else might catch your eye as we have several soundbars out on display.

Kenny,

Sonos beam looks very interesting. Would you be able to offer any discount on that?

• Advertisement

Valdigre,

unfortunately on it's own we don't have much room to discount the new Sonos Beam - the guys may be able to do you a bundle deal including your TV when you come up though ;)

Do also have a look / listen to the Q Acoustics M4 - it's significantly less expensive but sounds A M A Z I N G - it does strip out some of the smart features that the BEAM has but it's amazing value, really well reviewed and again it sounds like nothing else in it's class!

https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/media-4/review

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.