Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW RF SABB fitted ....BUT

Options
  • 21-07-2018 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi All

My long running saga with my RF-SABB reporting low battery is over. Before I installed the NEW RF-SABB I hooked up the PSU took away the alkaline batteries and replaced the pack with the rechargeable pack into the old chassis...the report did not go away claiming low battery power, I thought it might?

Moving on... I dismounted the old SABB with the Remove Device command and installed the NEW SABB complete with new battery pack HKC-BAT-8.4v and the new PSU. Taddaaaaa...no more reports of low battery...so clearly something was amiss on the electronic side of the old SABB ….thankfully not the panel.

However there is a BUT...I cannot get the RF-SABB siren to issue its alert outside....the internal bell is fine.

Any advice appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sparkobrien77

Stinky45 wrote: »
    Hi All

My long running saga with my RF-SABB reporting low battery is over. Before I installed the NEW RF-SABB I hooked up the PSU took away the alkaline batteries and replaced the pack with the rechargeable pack into the old chassis...the report did not go away claiming low battery power, I thought it might?

Moving on... I dismounted the old SABB with the Remove Device command and installed the NEW SABB complete with new battery pack HKC-BAT-8.4v and the new PSU. Taddaaaaa...no more reports of low battery...so clearly something was amiss on the electronic side of the old SABB ….thankfully not the panel.

However there is a BUT...I cannot get the RF-SABB siren to issue its alert outside....the internal bell is fine.

Any advice appreciated.:confused:

It could be something as simple as the bell delay is set for 1minute thus the external bell won’t activate until a minute has passed, you can check it in the timers menu if you have access to the engineer menu

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

It could be something as simple as the bell delay is set for 1minute thus the external bell won’t activate until a minute has passed, you can check it in the timers menu if you have access to the engineer menu

I've been into that menu (Timers) as you suggest but could not find anything which looked like a delay time setting for the external SABB siren. I don't doubt you are steering me in the right direction but I can't see anything but timings which appear to be default settings circa 15 mins power outage 55 mins etc but nothing prompting the immediate alert from the SABB as with the internal siren which is instant.

I have tested the SABB siren during installation by shorting the two pins on the SABB chassis/motherboard and that definitely worked. I have set the LEDs to alternate as I've a PSU now powering the SABB. One thing I do see when the internal siren is sounding is that the SABB LEDs stay on (ALL three)….I must be missing something...??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I've been into that menu (Timers) as you suggest but could not find anything which looked like a delay time setting for the external SABB siren. I don't doubt you are steering me in the right direction but I can't see anything but timings which appear to be default settings circa 15 mins power outage 55 mins etc but nothing prompting the immediate alert from the SABB as with the internal siren which is instant.

I have tested the SABB siren during installation by shorting the two pins on the SABB chassis/motherboard and that definitely worked. I have set the LEDs to alternate as I've a PSU now powering the SABB. One thing I do see when the internal siren is sounding is that the SABB LEDs stay on (ALL three)….I must be missing something...??

What way are you testing the bell?
    If you activate a panic on the keypad, * and # together does the external bell ring?

altor wrote: »
    What way are you testing the bell?
    If you activate a panic on the keypad, * and # together does the external bell ring?

Hi Altor

Thank you for getting back...as indicated I had tested the siren whilst installing by shorting the two designated pins...the siren worked. After installation I triggered an alarm event and only the internal siren blasted away...I have to admit I didn't wait too long to see if the external siren kicked in, when it didn't work after 10 secs? This morning I prompted the panic test as you suggested and can report the internal was instant and the external was about 2 secs behind it....so yes that test did work.

You can see I looked in the TIMERS menu as advised by another contributor but I could not find any settings referring to a DELAY? Like I mentioned in my response to that post many appeared to be default times.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try Timers>System Timers>
    Check Split Entry & Bell Delay

Either way I'd activate a full alarm or panic alarm & let it activate for a couple of minutes to see if the external kicks in.

• Advertisement

Thank you Kool Kid....will try and will get back. As stated earlier today...the panic activation *+# did activate Internal Siren followed 2 secs later by External Siren.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You could try Timers>System Timers>
    Check Split Entry & Bell Delay

Either way I'd activate a full alarm or panic alarm & let it activate for a couple of minutes to see if the external kicks in.

Just did a full activation and waited well over a minute...Internal Siren blarring away but no External Siren.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And what are the settings for split entry & bell delay?

KoolKid wrote: »
    And what are the settings for split entry & bell delay?

Split Entry 20 secs
    Bell Delay 00 secs

Thanks for you patience

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Is there blocks on the system? What block is the RF sabb assigned to?

• Advertisement

No blocks...MJL

Hi Altor

Thank you for getting back...as indicated I had tested the siren whilst installing by shorting the two designated pins...the siren worked. After installation I triggered an alarm event and only the internal siren blasted away...I have to admit I didn't wait too long to see if the external siren kicked in, when it didn't work after 10 secs? This morning I prompted the panic test as you suggested and can report the internal was instant and the external was about 2 secs behind it....so yes that test did work.

You can see I looked in the TIMERS menu as advised by another contributor but I could not find any settings referring to a DELAY? Like I mentioned in my response to that post many appeared to be default times.

Thanks again.

It is wire free so you will always get some sort of delay, 2 seconds yes, 10 seconds.. Has to be something interfering with the signal to trigger the bell.

The panic is always the best way to test it for timing as its a instant alarm.

Any chance of taking down the bell and testing close to the panel?

Just did a full activation and waited well over a minute...Internal Siren blarring away but no External Siren.

Did you say that the Panic alarm does activate the external bell as normal ?
    That would rule out a hardware issue or signal issue?

How are you testing the full activation?

Hi Altor

Just setting the alarm and waiting for the time to elapse and then a sensor detects me inside the house...should I not do it that way?

Hi Altor

Just setting the alarm and waiting for the time to elapse and then a sensor detects me inside the house...should I not do it that way?

Are you moving away from the motion sensor. Otherwise it's an exit fault. That would probably only activate the internal alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

You are probably getting an exit fault testing it that way, just use your 2 fingers and hit hash and star together, then the SABB should ring.

I think he has already tested the panic alarm and it activated both bells.
    Let the system full set and then activate to be sure.

OK ...I didn't realise the PIRs detected "directional" movement and responded with either or sirens...that could be it.
    Just to confirm the * & # together do prompt BOTH sirens to sound.
    Thanks very much for all your inputs on this topic.

Your welcome. It looks like you are sorted.
    If you need any help come back to us.

• Advertisement

OK ...I didn't realise the PIRs detected "directional" movement and responded with either or sirens...that could be it.
    Just to confirm the * & # together do prompt BOTH sirens to sound.
    Thanks very much for all your inputs on this topic.

Thats way I asked :D

Glad you got it sorted

Advertisement