Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal battery needs replacing - engineer not responding to request to do so

Options
  • 21-07-2018 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    My elderly father is HKC Quantum 70 home user(un-monitored) but the engineer code is unknown to me.

A voice notification alerts to 'replace the internal battery pack' every time the alarm is de-activated(the siren does work ok, alarm fitted 6 years ago and never changed/upgraded). Engineer hasn't responded to several requests to call out and change it and doesn't look likely to do so.

Would any forum experts have any ideas what approach i should take to progress this?
    Any advice most welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Find a new installer who wants the business. Any good installer can reset this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublin1904

Many thanks for the fast reply KoolKid. I may have to go that route.

I was concerned if the engineer ever emigrated/died etc the secret engineer code would vanish with him and the system would be 'locked' forever :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I changed mine recently having looked on YouTube how to do so.
    It was a 5 minute job.
    Bought it from the UK and it was a third of the price to here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

dublin1904 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the fast reply KoolKid. I may have to go that route.

I was concerned if the engineer ever emigrated/died etc the secret engineer code would vanish with him and the system would be 'locked' forever :rolleyes:

Not at all.
    Beware of the lads who try and add a charge saying it has to be sent to HKC.
    It doesnt;

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

dublin1904 wrote: »
    Hi all
    My elderly father is HKC Quantum 70 home user(un-monitored) but the engineer code is unknown to me.

A voice notification alerts to 'replace the internal battery pack' every time the alarm is de-activated(the siren does work ok, alarm fitted 6 years ago and never changed/upgraded). Engineer hasn't responded to several requests to call out and change it and doesn't look likely to do so.

Would any forum experts have any ideas what approach i should take to progress this?
    Any advice most welcome!

Depending on the software version replacing the battery will clear the alert.
    This system can be defaulted and programmed on site so not having the engineer code should not make getting another engineer to default it for you a big deal.
    Id advise having the new installer update the panels software and get the engineer code off them for future use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement