Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I can only think of one other public sector job that comes close to that sort of pay in training/tuition. That's the army. 272 euro plus the extras.

In comparison it is appalling money for someone with a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Well that's the joys of education. It cost some people 10'000 to go through third level education so I'd count yourself lucky.

Ah yeah blessed ,I can say you definitely have no bills to pay anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Ah yeah blessed ,I can say you definitely have no bills to pay anyways

I'v plenty. I'm just a realist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Going on the last batch result should be out this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

userunkown wrote: »
    Going on the last batch result should be out this evening...

I haven’t received second batch results yet for stage 2. :( the waiting is killing me.

Edit: oh you were referring to batch 2..I see that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

one word of advice stay patient lol, more waiting will have to be done its hard but try stay relaxed and keep your mind from worrying about the wait

• Advertisement

Crowlers wrote: »
    one word of advice stay patient lol, more waiting will have to be done its hard but try stay relaxed and keep your mind from worrying about the wait

Ah yeah I totally agree. I’m just not sure that I passed this stage. So I’d rather find out sooner than later. But I see what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Davehego

Anyone done their interview yet? Just wondering when other people will get called? I’m 432 oom

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Davehego wrote: »
    Anyone done their interview yet? Just wondering when other people will get called? I’m 432 oom

Some people outside the 137 have been asked to book their interview in October already.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Well that's the joys of education. It cost some people 10'000 to go through third level education so I'd count yourself lucky.

Unfortunately, I’ve spent nearly €30,000 not including travel, bills , food etc. Each year it gets more expensive so the Garda Trainees are getting a lot really. I understand where people are coming from in terms of still paying for things outside the college but we’re told this well in advance and it’s up to ourselves to do it or not.

leheaven wrote: »

Some people outside the 137 have been asked to book their interview in October already.

Really? Cool I was suspecting with my OOM that I wouldn’t be in the second group. I’m thinking November. Which makes sense prob the next 150 have been called for Oct.

Really? Cool I was suspecting with my OOM that I wouldn’t be in the second group. I’m thinking November. Which makes sense prob the next 150 have been called for Oct.

Not sure how many were asked to do it. I’d say you won’t have that long a wait as the time is flying by.

Not sure how many were asked to do it. I’d say you won’t have that long a wait as the time is flying by.

Ya it is going by very quickly alright. I would have done much better if it Wasent for the bloody job simulation test, i Answered them a bit to realistically by the looks of things.

My buddy applied last September and oh got offered a spot this July which is long. However something tells me this process is moving faster

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

Still waiting on Stage 2 results but was just thinking about something the Garda said during the induction...

He said we should include any time we've come into contact with the guards when filling out form B...but I genuinely can't remember!

There would have been one or two times I'd have been stopped at a checkpoint, the guard would have taken my name and address and asked me to produce licence or proof of insurance at my nearest station....would they have to be included??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Unfortunately, I’ve spent nearly €30,000 not including travel, bills , food etc. Each year it gets more expensive so the Garda Trainees are getting a lot really. I understand where people are coming from in terms of still paying for things outside the college but we’re told this well in advance and it’s up to ourselves to do it or not.

Exactly my point yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JenM1984

Has anyone who did their stage 2 on the 07th of September heard anything back yet?

• Advertisement

JenM1984 wrote: »
    Has anyone who did their stage 2 on the 07th of September heard anything back yet?

Did mine on the 6th and still waiting. Results not out until next week they said on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Anyone else waiting on stage 2 results? Any idea when they will be out?

Job456 wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting on stage 2 results? Any idea when they will be out?

You'd make a great Garda anyway, fantastic attention to detail :p

Still waiting on Stage 2 results but was just thinking about something the Garda said during the induction...

He said we should include any time we've come into contact with the guards when filling out form B...but I genuinely can't remember!

There would have been one or two times I'd have been stopped at a checkpoint, the guard would have taken my name and address and asked me to produce licence or proof of insurance at my nearest station....would they have to be included??

I was also thinking about this as well. I’d personally include what you said above. As the guard said to include everything. As it’ll be flagged at the interview stage. So I suppose it’s better to be safe than sorry imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

This campaign seems to be flying, my daughter was in 2016 and it really dragged out she had a good order of merit but didn’t pass the bleep test so she’s back to the start but I can’t believe the speed this campaign is moving at and best of luck to everyone

So, it's the first week of October and nothing yet today, the countdown continues...!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

So, it's the first week of October and nothing yet today, the countdown continues...!
    I'm actually so nervous to get these, I know I should stay positive but really don't think I will get through to stage 3

Job456 wrote: »
    I'm actually so nervous to get these, I know I should stay positive but really don't think I will get through to stage 3

You can join the club. :D But take it as it comes. The way I look at it is, if I didn’t make it this time. I can try again in the next campaign. You’ve nothing to lose and everything to gain. So either way it was an experience and you’ll know what to expect the next time. So it’s all positives at the end of the day.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hopefully we get our stage 2 results today :) most likely be Friday tho just to make us wait that bit longer haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Just got my results from testing on September 11th, passed but I'm outside the initial 350 candidates 😞 good luck to those who are within that number

Advertisement