Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

Just got mine too and passed! Delighted because I thought I didn't, but I didn't jump up a
    whole lot much in terms of OOM :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

"The first 350 have already been invited"
    Is that from the overall campaign or just the group of us that did the stage 2 in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Passed and jumped up a few hundred places. Up to 865. A bit outside the top 350. Presume we'll be waiting a while at that level of OOM to get called to interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Just got mine too and passed! Delighted because I thought I didn't, but I didn't jump up a
    whole lot much in terms of OOM :-/

I wouldn't sweat the OOM. Passing is the only thing that counts. When it comes down to vetting you could move ahead quicker than the people in the first group. So well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I wouldn't sweat the OOM. Passing is the only thing that counts. When it comes down to vetting you could move ahead quicker than the people in the first group. So well done!!!

I'm delighted as well. Same as the other poster though. Could take a good while to get up to my oom of 865.
    Time to put the hard work in for preparation for the physical etc if I get that far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

Hi
    Wondering has any one any past experience of getting way over the 350 mark and getting called for an interview? I got 800. Devastated!
    Any one ever get called? Also are they recruiting next year??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Hi I just want to stress this point further. I have a very low OOM after stage 3 but already running onto issues with obtaining the required information for Form B, and proving my second language credits are sufficient. I will not get an offer for April unless vetting is a lot faster this year than in previous years (which it might be? The PAS is moving everything along at lightening speed! I get the sense Garda HQ are as well)

Everything is up in the air after stage 3 and really the only people for whom a low OOM matters are those who have easily provided all the needed information, have no health issues or Form B gaps.

So just keep positive everyone. You will be called up soon enough in the grand scheme of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robkell1234

Just got my stage 2 results and passed them all delighted went up a bit in my OOM so happy enough still a good bit outside tho hopefully we get called soon enough for the interview too still a lot of work ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

Delighted to have passed, really thought I had failed on the logical reasoning. Walked out the door on the day of exam thinking I had no hope! Now the prep begins for stage 3. Out of pure curiosity, how did people score in the report writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Results are in: I got through everything apart from the report writing. So it’s a fail. Ah well, best of luck to everyone going forward.

• Advertisement

I got 51 in the report writing and passed how did you get on? I was worried about it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

I got 51 in the report writing and passed how did you get on? I was worried about it too!

I got 58 in the report writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

If you were close, you can appeal it if you like. Report writing and verifying Stage 1 results are probably the only areas you can actually successfully appeal.

Hi I just want to stress this point further. I have a very low OOM after stage 3 but already running onto issues with obtaining the required information for Form B, and proving my second language credits are sufficient. I will not get an offer for April unless vetting is a lot faster this year than in previous years (which it might be? The PAS is moving everything along at lightening speed! I get the sense Garda HQ are as well)

Everything is up in the air after stage 3 and really the only people for whom a low OOM matters are those who have easily provided all the needed information, have no health issues or Form B gaps.

So just keep positive everyone. You will be called up soon enough in the grand scheme of life.

You're right, I passed so I'm still in the game!

And now that I look at it, I dropped a few hundred places with my OOM so no need for me to be so pessimistic!

job seeker wrote: »
    Results are in: I got through everything apart from the report writing. So it’s a fail. Ah well, best of luck to everyone going forward.

And im really sorry to hear that :-/
    You're a regular in this thread and I was rooting for you to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

I'm gutted for you. Try again next time though, don't give up. Might not do any harm to ask them to recheck it for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

I got my results but don't want to open them until i get home from college on Friday (sound like a coward, but its massive for me) just wondering is there anything in the email that is important that i have to know before friday eg booking appointments or such because i obviously dont want to miss anything....thanks in advance

Elliot192 wrote: »
    If you were close, you can appeal it if you like. Report writing and verifying Stage 1 results are probably the only areas you can actually successfully appeal.

I got 37. I got 40 in the job simulation and passed. So I assume that 40 is the pass mark?!? I could be totally wrong though.

Appealing, I’m not sure if there is much point with my result.

And im really sorry to hear that :-/
    You're a regular in this thread and I was rooting for you to be honest!
    FIVE.0 wrote: »
    I'm gutted for you. Try again next time though, don't give up. Might not do any harm to ask them to recheck it for you too.

Ah I’ll be okay after listening too some Adele, with a bucket of Ben & Jerry’s :pac:

Seriously though, I’ll just put it down to an experience and take it as a learning curve. Then just work harder the next time.

@FIVE.0 Yeah, I intend in applying until I make it. Just in regards to asking them to recheck my results, I got 37 in the report writing, so I’m not sure if that was too low.

@TightyWhiteys, the very best of luck with the interview and the rest of the process. I hope it goes well for you. :)

Finally thanks very much for the kind words folks, it’s very much appreciated. :)

I got my results but don't want to open them until i get home from college on Friday (sound like a coward, but its massive for me) just wondering is there anything in the email that is important that i have to know before friday eg booking appointments or such because i obviously dont want to miss anything....thanks in advance

Just the results in my email. Hope I could be more help to you. Either way the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Ah I’ll be okay after listening too some Adele, with a bucket of Ben & Jerry’s :pac:

Seriously though, I’ll just put it down to an experience and take it as a learning curve. Then just work harder the next time.

@FIVE.0 Yeah, I intend in applying until I make it. Just in regards to asking them to recheck my results, I got 37 in the report writing, so I’m not sure if that was too low.

@TightyWhiteys, the very best of luck with the interview and the rest of the process. I hope it goes well for you. :)

Finally thanks very much for the kind words folks, it’s very much appreciated. :)

Sorry to hear about your stage 2 results. I was rushing when I replied earlier. You've nothing to lose by appealing. It mightn't make a difference or it could change your world. You'll never know til you try. Best of luck in the next campaign, if the appeal doesn't go in your favour. You have the experience under your belt now and you will definitely get it next time.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your stage 2 results. I was rushing when I replied earlier. You've nothing to lose by appealing. It mightn't make a difference or it could change your world. You'll never know til you try. Best of luck in the next campaign, if the appeal doesn't go in your favour. You have the experience under your belt now and you will definitely get it next time.

Thanks very much Elliot192, no worries. I’ll look into appealing so. This is my first time going for the ags, so this is all new to me. Thanks, just gotta play the waiting game now I assume it’ll be another 8/9 months like last year? That’s the way to look at it, I think I was over thinking the whole thing the day of the tests in Dublin and this didn’t do me any favors at all. However I know what to expect the next time now.

I see that you’re waiting to get into the college with all stages complete yourself? The best of luck to you. Also, similarly to FIVE.0 you are fantastic for helping people and giving advice out in this forum. So thank you for that also. :)

Just the results in my email. Hope I could be more help to you. Either way the best of luck.

Cheers, thanks very much

Cheers, thanks very much

I would assume that a separate email would be sent. I may be wrong though. So just bare that in mind.

I would assume that a separate email would be sent. I may be wrong though. So just bare that in mind.

Yeah I know what you mean bro, if anyone that passed could answer my question please I’d be really great full

Yeah I know what you mean bro, if anyone that passed could answer my question please I’d be really great full

ya same thing i passed them it gives you your pass or fail and a new OOM if you passed and says they will be in touch making there way through the interviews so there will be another message after this one.

I'm outside the 350 cutoff so my email basically said congrats you've passed, then a breakdown of my results for each test.

Then it said because I'm outside of the 350 cutoff I will be called at a later stage for interview.

Does anyone know when we get Form B? I'd rather start it sooner than later

ya same thing i passed them it gives you your pass or fail and a new OOM if you passed and says they will be in touch making there way through the interviews so there will be another message after this one.

thanks for that guys

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

I'm outside the 350 cutoff so my email basically said congrats you've passed, then a breakdown of my results for each test.

Then it said because I'm outside of the 350 cutoff I will be called at a later stage for interview.

Does anyone know when we get Form B? I'd rather start it sooner than later

Does it say you will be called at a later stage?

Mine says "Further interviews are expected to continue throughout the year, should your place be reached on the OOM this office will be in touch with you" .

I got 712 so just wondered is there is a different email for people between 350 and say 700 as I guess if they interview in batches of 350 I would be in a 3rd round and by judging their wording they may not go that high.

• Advertisement

Jecz wrote: »
    Does it say you will be called at a later stage?

Mine says "Further interviews are expected to continue throughout the year, should your place be reached on the OOM this office will be in touch with you" .

I got 712 so just wondered is there is a different email for people between 350 and say 700 as I guess if they interview in batches of 350 I would be in a 3rd round and by judging their wording they may not go that high.

No mine said the same thing, Sorry that's what I thought they meant from it

Advertisement