Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Davehego wrote: »
    Typo it’s been edited. Low 400’s I meant, sorry

Oh thank god haha I’m low 700’s so was panicking that I wouldn’t be called until 2022 at this rate ha! How much notice have they given you? If you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Davehego

User2206 wrote: »
    Oh thank god haha I’m low 700’s so was panicking that I wouldn’t be called until 2022 at this rate ha! How much notice have they given you? If you don’t mind me asking?

Well I just got my offer today at 1400. I got offered between the 31st and the 8th of November. So very little notice really

Well I just got my offer today at 1400. I got offered between the 31st and the 8th of November. So very little notice really

Wow that’s really not a lot of notice! I wonder how many have been called in this batch! Either way best of luck with your preparation :)

Wow that’s really not a lot of notice! I wonder how many have been called in this batch! Either way best of luck with your preparation :)

No very little. I’m in the process of booking flights now. Trying to make time.

I reckon in the speed they did the first lot. I reckon over 8 days maybe another 100-200

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

Just got my email to book interview too. Oom in the 500's. Not a lot of notice either, I don't feel at all prepared. I wasn't expecting to be called so quick! Is the form B in with the email we got or does that come later?

• Advertisement

No very little. I’m in the process of booking flights now. Trying to make time.

I reckon in the speed they did the first lot. I reckon over 8 days maybe another 100-200

Oh your coming from abroad to do the interview?

If that’s the speed they’re going through the interviews then I may have mine before Christmas hopefully!

Just got my email to book interview too. Oom in the 500's. Not a lot of notice either, I don't feel at all prepared. I wasn't expecting to be called so quick! Is the form B in with the email we got or does that come later?

That answers that question then. They must have offered it to about 200 people.

I haven’t seen the form B anywhere. I think we may get that on the day of the interview.

I’m presuming it’ll take about 2 hours the whole day then.

I haven’t seen the form B anywhere. I think we may get that on the day of the interview.

From reading other posts I think you will get your form B before hand cause it’s needs to be filled out when you attend your interview!

Form B has to be filled in and brought with the other documents(birth cert,leaving cert etc )on the day of the interview. I've a lot of info to fill in so want to get started asap.

Form B has to be filled in and brought with the other documents(birth cert,leaving cert etc )on the day of the interview. I've a lot of info to fill in so want to get started asap.

So where do you get the form B? Cause Iv never been given one

• Advertisement

So where do you get the form B? Cause Iv never been given one

They said it would be sent when invited to stage 3. It's not with my email though.

They said it would be sent when invited to stage 3. It's not with my email though.

Nope not mine either. It might be sent on in the next few days maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

Did you get the same interview dates? 31st to the 8th??

Koccy89 wrote: »

I did ya. I booked the 1st of Nov at 1500. Iv been told it’s a very short day

Koccy89 wrote: »

Yeah same dates, went with the 8th.

Yeah same dates, went with the 8th.

Any idea how long the day will take? Or have you heard?

Any idea how long the day will take? Or have you heard?

I'm not expecting it to be long at all. The interview takes 40/45 minutes and time to go through the vetting form so maybe 2 hours?

I'm not expecting it to be long at all. The interview takes 40/45 minutes and time to go through the vetting form so maybe 2 hours?

Ya I’m thinking max two hours like.

Has anyone with an OOM of late 500’s or into the 600’s recieved an invitation to interview today? Just tryna get a rough idea of how many were invited!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

Has anyone with an OOM of late 500’s or into the 600’s recieved an invitation to interview today? Just tryna get a rough idea of how many were invited!

I am early 600's and have'nt heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

I haven't gotten form B either hopefully in the next couple days, also does anybody know when they will tell us what competencies we will be asked about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

One bit of advice would be, be there in plenty of time. I was there half an hour before, quickly went through my form B and my interview was brought forward by 15 mins. I was out 45 mins later. So max hour and a half I would say. My form B was straightforward though, I don't know how that would impact you if there was an issue.

All that to say, I thought I would have about 20 minutes to settle myself and go through my competencies again but that obviously went out the window. So be prepared for that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

One bit of advice would be, be there in plenty of time. I was there half an hour before, quickly went through my form B and my interview was brought forward by 15 mins. I was out 45 mins later. So max hour and a half I would say. My form B was straightforward though, I don't know how that would impact you if there was an issue.

All that to say, I thought I would have about 20 minutes to settle myself and go through my competencies again but that obviously went out the window. So be prepared for that too!

If there is any problems with form b they will just ask you to email the missing information in. Best to have as much information as possible.

Ah great! I was hoping somebody would give me a bit of advice about how the day would be laid out. I’ll make sure I’m there good and early then, mine is at 1500 however I’ll get there at 1400 and start my form B. Iv a flight back to England at 1930 so if I can get out earlier the better.

Where do you find the competencies? Cause I can’t find them anywhere?

foam wrote: »

If there is any problems with form b they will just ask you to email the missing information in. Best to have as much information as possible.

Is there an obscure information I should find out that I may need to fill out the form B? To help me get it filled out as much as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

Is there an obscure information I should find out that I may need to fill out the form B? To help me get it filled out as much as possible?

You will need the name, address, date of birth of the following:
    Parents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents even if they have passed away.

If your married or living with a partner you will need the same details for their family.

If they haven't changed anything since I went through the process last year Form B and the competencies should be in the invite on Public Jobs. Just click on the Familiarisation Material and Form B and it should bring up the info.

foam wrote: »

You will need the name, address, date of birth of the following:
    Parents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents even if they have passed away.

If your married or living with a partner you will need the same details for their family.

If they haven't changed anything since I went through the process last year Form B and the competencies should be in the invite on Public Jobs. Just click on the Familiarisation Material and Form B and it should be up the info.

Jeez, that’s good to know I never knew it was in that material I better have a look. I wouldn’t know the date of birth of my grandparents or my uncles/Aunts......I’ll get all that

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Jeez, that’s good to know I never knew it was in that material I better have a look. I wouldn’t know the date of birth of my grandparents or my uncles/Aunts......I’ll get all that

And their occupations ;)

FIVE.0 wrote: »

And their occupations ;)
    Ya I’ll have to get all that stuff....bloody nightmare that! Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Ya I’ll have to get all that stuff....bloody nightmare that! Christ

It's only your blood realitives so you won't need the information of your Aunties husband for example. Just your mother and fathers brother and sisters. Exhausting.

Advertisement