Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

JenM1984 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Who got invited to the Jan 5th walk around the PCT?

I got a few emails but were recalled. Is there one in the 5th and 26th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

leheaven wrote: »
    I got a few emails but were recalled. Is there one in the 5th and 26th?

I think these guys referring to being called to do the supervised aptitude tests (Stage 2). Completely separate to the open day invitations in Templemore which are linked to Stage 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

Kamil1999 wrote: »
    I got invitation for stage 2 and just wondering how is it possible I was 2038 in stage 1 my date is on 15th january

You reached the required standard in Stage 1 and so it's only fair you get a chance to complete Stage 2. Plus it's in the interest of AGS to get as many candidates from each campaign as possible. If I was you I'd study hard for Stage 2 and then hopefully you'll be preparing for an interview come February!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Anyone else attending information day tomorrow? I'm assuming it's a suit and tie job?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Njim91 wrote: »
    Anyone else attending information day tomorrow? I'm assuming it's a suit and tie job?

Is that the open day? I have mine on the 26th. I don’t think it’s suit and tie though...jeans and t-shirt job I’d imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

Tracksuit/shorts and T-shirt job unless you want to do the course in a suit.

Is that the open day? I have mine on the 26th. I don’t think it’s suit and tie though...jeans and t-shirt job I’d imagine

And here's me with the shaggin iron out nd all 😂 it mentioned sports gear. We need that for a demonstration or is it "PT gear only in the hall" kind of craic?

Stuky69 wrote: »
    Tracksuit/shorts and T-shirt job unless you want to do the course in a suit.

Right, I just assumed because there were changing facilities mentioned in the email, we get a good talking to for a while and then change for the demonstrations.

Right, I just assumed because there were changing facilities mentioned in the email, we get a good talking to for a while and then change for the demonstrations.

Ah I’d imagine tracksuit and hoodie would be the finest. I’m sure they’d have an opportunity to change clothes though.

I’m going up the same day. I thought my email was wrong as I didn’t see anyone else say they’re going up the same day. I think it’ll be great to meet each other as well as get info for stage 4.

• Advertisement

How did the info day go?

leheaven wrote: »
    How did the info day go?

Was good. Gives us an idea of what to expect. The videos online have all the assessments explained well but good to get a demo in person and gives you the opportunity to ask questions.

Was good. Gives us an idea of what to expect. The videos online have all the assessments explained well but good to get a demo in person and gives you the opportunity to ask questions.

Ah cool. I think I'll head up on the 26th so.

Went on Saturday. Found it helpful for things like form for press up and sit ups. Bleep test went to level 5. Demo of course good as I’m tall and under the bar was surprisingly low for me. All in all good to go to but not essential if it’s a long way for you to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Oll19

Hi All, long time follower of this thread but first time poster! I am sitting stage 2 this week and just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for me? I have been going through the career services online tests and just wanted to know how similar the real thing is to the career services tests? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

Oll19 wrote: »
    Hi All, long time follower of this thread but first time poster! I am sitting stage 2 this week and just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for me? I have been going through the career services online tests and just wanted to know how similar the real thing is to the career services tests? TIA

Hey, I did the career services online tests and found it brilliant! I was really confident going in because of doing them tests online. Just practise as much as you can for them all! I passed all them well. The very best of luck.

Hey, I did the career services online tests and found it brilliant! I was really confident going in because of doing them tests online. Just practise as much as you can for them all! I passed all them well. The very best of luck.

Thanks for the reply! That is brilliant, hopefully I am all set so! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

The career service prep-test are pretty much the same as the real thing. The main advice I'd give practice your report writing, handwriting and spelling. Be the first into the room and sit up the front they only play the video once. The report writing is essentially a listening exam. What you see in the video is not important.

kellbag91 wrote: »
    The career service prep-test are pretty much the same as the real thing. The main advice I'd give practice your report writing, handwriting and spelling. Be the first into the room and sit up the front they only play the video once. The report writing is essentially a listening exam. What you see in the video is not important.
    Thanks for reply and tips. My plans for the next couple of nights are to practice the report writing. Appreciate the advice!

Hi All, just wondering if anyone could give me a general layout of the stage 2 exam...what exam is first etc, is there any breaks inbetween exams? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 JenM1984

Hi All, just wondering if anyone could give me a general layout of the stage 2 exam...what exam is first etc, is there any breaks inbetween exams? TIA

I was in the afternoon slot so we had an induction first. Then we went in to the test room where we did all four tests with no breaks. If I remember correctly it was the verbal reasoning, logical reasoning, scenarios and then report writing in that order.

JenM1984 wrote: »
    I was in the afternoon slot so we had an induction first. Then we went in to the test room where we did all four tests with no breaks. If I remember correctly it was the verbal reasoning, logical reasoning, scenarios and then report writing in that order.

Lovely, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Ya defo don't bother watching the video just listen carefully and write everything shorthand first on the rough work paper they give you so you get down as much information as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ln2019

Just wondering what is the dress code for stage 2 and where can I find the layout for the report writing? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

ln2019 wrote: »
    Just wondering what is the dress code for stage 2 and where can I find the layout for the report writing? thanks

No dress code wear something comfortable ,and there's no such lay out to worry about , just write down the facts you hear ,name addresses phone numbers ..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

Done stage 2 today think I' mite have failed it only got first name half the address and the full phone numbers in the written report

Deedee27 wrote: »
    Done stage 2 today think I' mite have failed it only got first name half the address and the full phone numbers in the written report
    Ah you'll find you did better than. You thought ,this the first time applying?

Ah thanks for the kind words. No this would be my second time last time I got as far as the medical before I was pulled out my English qualifications didn't meet the requirements so I quit my job got a night job and in school currently doing the leaving cert hoping to have my certs by August this year

Deedee27 wrote: »
    Ah thanks for the kind words. No this would be my second time last time I got as far as the medical before I was pulled out my English qualifications didn't meet the requirements so I quit my job got a night job and in school currently doing the leaving cert hoping to have my certs by August this year

Fair play just shows how much you want it !your definitely over thinking it , hope it works out for you

• Advertisement

Thank you living off hardly any sleep is pretty tuff alright

Advertisement