Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

The instructor at the course that I was at made sure to clarify that the report writing required in the test is very different to an actual Garda report. Remember, they're preparing us for Stage 2, not to be a Garda.

I've mine myself on Thursday, 11:30. Wanted to get it done early but regretting it a bit now as I haven't had much time to prepare.
    Anyone know for sure if our number (OOM) can rise and fall based on Stage 2? Career services fellow wasn't too sure but reckoned it couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

The instructor at the course that I was at made sure to clarify that the report writing required in the test is very different to an actual Garda report. Remember, they're preparing us for Stage 2, not to be a Garda.

I've mine myself on Thursday, 11:30. Wanted to get it done early but regretting it a bit now as I haven't had much time to prepare.
    Anyone know for sure if our number (OOM) can rise and fall based on Stage 2? Career services fellow wasn't too sure but reckoned it couldn't.

I think the OOM can change afaik but not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

Gadaves wrote: »
    I think the OOM can change afaik but not 100%

Your OOM can change at each stage until stage 3. The OOM you receive after Stage 3 is the your OOM going forward for every other stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

P1nkr0ses wrote: »

Colour will be grand.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

So who has used Career Services for Report Writing practise? The witnesses speak very fast in their videos. I practised with the Colombus Police Department video on Youtube and that was much slower. I'm worried about the pace. I can barely write fast enough to keep up. Like, in real life you can ask a person to repeat their address and phone number so I don't know why the pace has to be so damn fast!

Not used either yet. Something that I'm wondering though. That is, by practicing the C.P.D video, do you think that you're shooting yourself in the foot? Basically, what I'm trying to say is, are you not better off just practicing the career services exercise only, as that's the one that has too be passed???

Had my part 2 earlier today, we had to sign confidentiality form first so I'm bound a bit by what I can say.
    I was definitely happy overall though, I thought the logical reasoning was tougher than part 1 but still very manageable. The verbal reasoning had mostly the same passages as part 1 but I think they were different questions. Job scenarios were fine as well but the report writing was definitely my weakest part of today. The audio quality was horrendous and the first witness spoke so bloody fast and had a Dub accent. But it was fine, felt like I got most of the important info down.
    The talk from the guard was interesting too, spoke about a lot of different things and stayed after to answer any questions.

Best of luck to all ye yet to do it. I felt there was less pressure as well today, but maybe that was just me. Results out in about 4 weeks or so we were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Had mine the same time as yours today, and had the same findings as you, the logical was definitely harder and that was my strongest part on stage one.
    I struggled to understand the audio in the video, it was especially bad when the victim spoke.
    Hopefully we done more than enough to get through.

Had my part 2 earlier today, we had to sign confidentiality form first so I'm bound a bit by what I can say.
    I was definitely happy overall though, I thought the logical reasoning was tougher than part 1 but still very manageable. The verbal reasoning had mostly the same passages as part 1 but I think they were different questions. Job scenarios were fine as well but the report writing was definitely my weakest part of today. The audio quality was horrendous and the first witness spoke so bloody fast and had a Dub accent. But it was fine, felt like I got most of the important info down.
    The talk from the guard was interesting too, spoke about a lot of different things and stayed after to answer any questions.

Best of luck to all ye yet to do it. I felt there was less pressure as well today, but maybe that was just me. Results out in about 4 weeks or so we were told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 S_e_a_n

Hi All,

Just on the back of this can someone help out with below, thanks.

So just awaiting to complete my stage 2 App test but the Q I have is, going on the dates that the stages have been going, every 4/5 weeks Online app then stage 1 and stage 2 now coming, my Q is, when will the interview be? I'm guessing Sept maybe around the 10th ish.

Bit of an issue for me as I planned and paid in full a trip away since last year before Crimbo.
    If i got through stage 2 and did get an interview and lets say it was the 15th there about's, could I get the date changed to a later one -_-'

If not>>>> No Holliers for me!

Had mine the same time as yours today, and had the same findings as you, the logical was definitely harder and that was my strongest part on stage one.
    I struggled to understand the audio in the video, it was especially bad when the victim spoke.
    Hopefully we done more than enough to get through.
    Yea, I almost felt like complaining about the audio but not much point I suppose. It would just be a bit unfair if the issue is resolved for the other groups but still, felt like I did enough. Hopefully we'll both be called sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

S_e_a_n wrote: »
    Hi All,

So just awaiting to complete my stage 2 App test but the Q I have is, going on the dates that the stages have been going, every 4/5 weeks Online app then stage 1 and stage 2 now coming, my Q is, when will the interview be? I'm guessing Sept maybe around the 10th ish.

Bit of an issue for me as I planned and paid in full a trip away since last year before Crimbo.
    If i got through stage 2 and did get an interview and lets say it was the 15th there about's, could I get the date changed to a later one -_-'

We were told today that the interviews would start on the 17th, not sure if this helps you!

I'm not sure about changing the date of an interview, however.

Well I don't think the C.P.D video is useful as it's too slow and the information is repeated. However, the PDF guide seems like it's useful. But if you plan on doing the online Career Services course then I'd probably stick with that. I spent most of yesterday doing it and feel much more confident now. Speed and short hand notes are vital. I'm heading in to the exam at 1.45pm today!

I get you. They're definitely some valid points you made. Hope it went well for ye all today. 😊

S_e_a_n wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'd definitely call the public appointments office. I'd assume that this is a common enough occurrence. Hope you get sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

Anyone have an idea how long we'll be waiting to get results back from stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Anyone have any idea either from a previous campaign or heard from doing stage 2 this month; how many have theybtaken through of the first 900?;
    How long till they have all completed stage 2?;
    And when will they start calling from others how have passed and are outside the 900?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

userunkown wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea either from a previous campaign or heard from doing stage 2 this month; how many have theybtaken through of the first 900?;
    How long till they have all completed stage 2?;
    And when will they start calling from others how have passed and are outside the 900?

They’re taking all in <900 OOM and I think the last test for the first 900 is this Friday? Someone might confirm that but just basing that on the available appointment dates. No idea when the next group are going through but will hardly be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 S_e_a_n

Yeah this Friday last 900 OOM (First Batch) tests are being done, I pushed the date out for as long as i could (Friday 11:30 I think for first test) to try get some more prep work done for it. Grand one minute, sweating it the next!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

So has anyone heard when the rest of us eejets might get called? Say the next 500 or 900...?

userunkown wrote: »
    So has anyone heard when the rest of us eejets might get called? Say the next 500 or 900...?

No idea, but we're were told stage 2 results would be early September and interviews not long after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Best of look to everyone in this campaign if ye need any help feel free to ask I’m just waiting on a physical to be done so if I can help In anyway just ask. I had loads of questions throughout the whole process

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

Crowlers wrote: »
    Best of look to everyone in this campaign if ye need any help feel free to ask I’m just waiting on a physical to be done so if I can help In anyway just ask. I had loads of questions throughout the whole process

any tips in general for the interview? anything you'd do differently if you had to do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

I did a prep course for stage 2 and I asked them when the second batch would be called and he said probably September

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peaches18

Can anyone from previous campaigns tell me how much time can we be expected to have between stage 2 - 3? Thank you

peaches18 wrote: »
    Can anyone from previous campaigns tell me how much time can we be expected to have between stage 2 - 3? Thank you

I did stage 2 last week and they said interviews for low OOM will be September

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peaches18

Gadaves wrote: »
    I did stage 2 last week and they said interviews for low OOM will be September

Oh jeenie that’s so soon, I hope we get a good 4 weeks cuz I need that to prepare like, what prep are you going to do? I have my stage 2 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I did stage 2 last week and they said interviews for low OOM will be September[/quote]

Did they say how low of a oom will be called first? Like top 200 or somthing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Just got an invitation to book my stage 2... my OOM is over 900!

Advertisement