Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Supercron

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    "It doesn't give the qualifying standard on the booklet"

I need to know how close I was to passing cause I'm appealing the report writing exam because I've scored very high on the other three exams but need to know if there's a point to following up as if I'm on 1 point off or 10 points off a passing grade.

Because if the threshold was 36 I'd need 1 point to pass, Do you see what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Supercron wrote: »
    I need to know how close I was to passing cause I'm appealing the report writing exam because I've scored very high on the other three exams but need to know if there's a point to following up as if I'm on 1 point off or 10 points off a passing grade.

Because if the threshold was 36 I'd need 1 point to pass, Do you see what I mean?

A previous poster said they passed this year on 38 and failed last year on 35 if I understood correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Davehego wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens now? First 137 will go straight away but I presume the rest of us will go through on the next two months also?

How many options did the people in the first 137 get to book an interview date?

We can book from the 17th to the 27th of september

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Davehego

We can book from the 17th to the 27th of september[/quote]

Cool that means we should all be interviewed by December then I reckon. I got 430, it’s the job simulation which Iv done poor on which is ironic 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Supercron

A previous poster said they passed this year on 38 and failed last year on 35 if I understood correctly.

Thank you :) . Yeah I seen that :(, thats why I'm freaking out as 1 point is killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Guys do ye mind me asking how ye scored in the report writing? Don't have to give an exact score if ye don't want, I just want an idea of how much it let me down. I scored 56 myself.

Also, booked the interview for this day 3 weeks. Am working so my thought process was to have it early in the week so I'm not knackered from work! Will also spend the weekend fully concentrated on it.

I got 60 in the report but then only 41 in job simulations. Still in the 300's though so I'm happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

Guys do ye mind me asking how ye scored in the report writing? Don't have to give an exact score if ye don't want, I just want an idea of how much it let me down. I scored 56 myself.

Also, booked the interview for this day 3 weeks. Am working so my thought process was to have it early in the week so I'm not knackered from work! Will also spend the weekend fully concentrated on it.

How’d it let you down? You got through lol. I’m leaving it late as I can so I can get prep done and few bits together. Need to order my L.C results as I can’t find them.

P1nkr0ses wrote: »
    It doesn't look like they provided it this time. They didn't give me a score for indictive/verbal reasoning. Just said pass.

I’d say that’s because they were checked against our stage one results, we had to be approx 10%above or below what we got first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Did anyone get a score of 39 in the job simulation exercises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Hey I passed all the exams but placed in the 500s, missing out on the first group to be called for interview. Just wondering is it likely I’ll get called for an interview or would it be a case of having to apply again and score higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Hey I passed all the exams but placed in the 500s, missing out on the first group to be called for interview. Just wondering is it likely I’ll get called for an interview or would it be a case of having to apply again and score higher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

If you qualified, you will get called for an interview. It'll just be a little further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

leheaven wrote: »
    How’d it let you down? You got through lol. I’m leaving it late as I can so I can get prep done and few bits together. Need to order my L.C results as I can’t find them.
    I dropped over a hundred places from stage 1 and felt I did better on the verbal and non-verbal tests. They obviously didn't increase/reduce your score. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy, I was worried I might have failed the report writing after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Seems like job stimulation is a tough one, I have my stage 2 this week and was wondering if anyone knows the marking scheme for it? Even though marking good and excellent are seen as positive answers will there be a difference in marks for selecting either? Thanks in advance

I’m not sure of the marking scheme atm but think of yourself in the role of a Garda and pick what best suits the situation.

Job456 wrote: »
    Seems like job stimulation is a tough one, I have my stage 2 this week and was wondering if anyone knows the marking scheme for it? Even though marking good and excellent are seen as positive answers will there be a difference in marks for selecting either? Thanks in advance
    I’m not sure of the marking scheme atm but think of yourself in the role of a Garda and pick what best suits the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Had stage two this morning myself, it was a fairly lengthy process overall but glad to have it over!

I dropped over a hundred places from stage 1 and felt I did better on the verbal and non-verbal tests. They obviously didn't increase/reduce your score. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy, I was worried I might have failed the report writing after all.

Oh I get you now. I think logical/verbal retests were basically to compare against stage 1 to make sure it was ourselves who did them. The marks this time we’re for the new tests and maybe order or merit then based on stage 1 and 2 together. I’m not sure but I went from 500s to 100s. Which I think was drastic change so that’s the way I’m thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Did stage 2 this morning. Thought it was fine myself. Scenario for report writing was very quick, struggled to get everything down but got the important parts.

Does anyone know usually how many are dropped as such from stage 2. As in do only x amount go through.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Oh I get you now. I think logical/verbal retests were basically to compare against stage 1 to make sure it was ourselves who did them. The marks this time we’re for the new tests and maybe order or merit then based on stage 1 and 2 together. I’m not sure but I went from 500s to 100s. Which I think was drastic change so that’s the way I’m thinking.
    Fair play, you obviously did exceptionally well in those. Yea I think it was a combined scored from job sim, report and stage 1. I suppose it doesn't matter too much now, once you get passed the interview, pass the medical/fitness and get all signed off you're laughing.

Did stage 2 this morning. Thought it was fine myself. Scenario for report writing was very quick, struggled to get everything down but got the important parts.

Does anyone know usually how many are dropped as such from stage 2. As in do only x amount go through.

Thanks
    Once you get the required grade you go through. Whether they abide by a bell curve or not is anyone's guess, but with the OOM system there's not much need I suppose.

Just got an email there explaining the scoring for stage 2 so who ever has it done prob got it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

Just wondering does anyone have any idea when interviews will commence for those of us outside of the first 137? I scored 513 in the OOM and I'm paranoid I'll just miss out on stage 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Keelster97 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have any idea when interviews will commence for those of us outside of the first 137? I scored 513 in the OOM and I'm paranoid I'll just miss out on stage 3.

You won't miss out on Stage 3, if you passed Stage 2, you will get an interview. I'm in the mid 400s myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

Due to sit Stage 2 this Thursday, is it just a resit if the aptitude tests and report writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Due to sit Stage 2 this Thursday, is it just a resit if the aptitude tests and report writing?

Verbal, non-verbal job simulation (similar too stage 1) and report writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Fair play, you obviously did exceptionally well in those. Yea I think it was a combined scored from job sim, report and stage 1. I suppose it doesn't matter too much now, once you get passed the interview, pass the medical/fitness and get all signed off you're laughing.
    I don't think the stage 2 verbal and abstract reasoning can have you moved up the OOM, since they're not marked. 

Anyway, does anybody know how many people are gonna get into the College in this campaign? I've read something like 800, am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

job seeker wrote: »
    Verbal, non-verbal job simulation (similar too stage 1) and report writing.

Thanks, the nerves are setting in and im half panicking I've missed something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Dan 191

OMG!!! some of you guys on here need to come back to planet earth...........some of you think just because they get to stage 3 they have it...fact is over 50% of you are failing the interviews and a big number failing the fitness and medical and a lot have a childish dreams of the job...think a lot of you should go and have a real chat to some current officers about the job.....

Advertisement