Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Dan 191 wrote: »
    OMG!!! some of you guys on here need to come back to planet earth...........some of you think just because they get to stage 3 they have it...fact is over 50% of you are failing the interviews and a big number failing the fitness and medical and a lot have a childish dreams of the job...think a lot of you should go and have a real chat to some current officers about the job.....

Cheers for that motivational comment Dan. My husband is a member the last 10 years, so I'd say I have a fairly realistic view. I'm guessing you're either a failed applicant or just a fairly bitter, petty person. Either way, maybe if you want to call anyone out you should have the guts to address them by name, rather than using generalities. Getting to stage 3 is an achievement and you don't have the right to take that accomplishment from anybody. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dan 191

Cheers for that motivational comment Dan. My husband is a member the last 10 years, so I'd say I have a fairly realistic view. I'm guessing you're either a failed applicant or just a fairly bitter, petty person. Either way, maybe if you want to call anyone out you should have the guts to address them by name, rather than using generalities. Getting to stage 3 is an achievement and you don't have the right to take that accomplishment from anybody. Grow up.
    Ah I see you speak on behalf of all here.......I'm already passed interviews ...was very easy......as for saying it great to get to stage 3...it was a simple case of doing something simple and then repeating it....but you pat yourself on the back and all high five eachother :-D

Dan 191 wrote: »
    Ah I see you speak on behalf of all here.......I'm already passed interviews ...was very easy......as for saying it great to get to stage 3...it was a simple case of doing something simple and then repeating it....but you pat yourself on the back and all high five eachother :-D

Well congratulations you will be a fine asset to AGS . Suppose there has to be a few that slip through the net. Back under your bridge now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

Well congratulations you will be a fine asset to AGS . Suppose there has to be a few that slip through the net. Back under your bridge now.

Ah what can I say...top of my class... unlucky for you tho... you'll not fit through the net..bye :-D

• Advertisement

P1nkr0ses wrote: »
    Great, fair play for getting through stage 3 but how about you pass on some positivty to us? I have an OOM in the top 100 and you can bet your ass I worked hard to get that. I wouldn't call the process simple at all. Maybe some people need a reality check but there's nicer ways of going about it.
    Ah I'm sure ya did.....ya something's you have to be nasty to be nice...telling ones here like there children that everything is great not the way....might give a few a kick up the arse to put the heads down

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

dont-feed-troll.jpg

dont-feed-troll.jpg

:-D Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thanks, the nerves are setting in and im half panicking I've missed something!

Don't worry, I am in tomorrow as well myself. I know how you feel. Best of luck.

job seeker wrote: »
    Don't worry, I am in tomorrow as well myself. I know how you feel. Best of luck.

I had stage 2 today. I don’t think that I made it through. I answered everything on the verbal/non verbal. I ran out of time on the last question of the job simulation section though. Report writing, I thought went ok.. nothing spectacular to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

I had stage 2 today. I don’t think that I made it through. I answered everything on the verbal/non verbal. I ran out of time on the last question of the job simulation section though. Report writing, I thought went ok.. nothing spectacular to be honest.

I was convinced I failed my stage 2 when I came out of the test centre, but I got through to stage 3.

You've probably done much better than you think, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

I was convinced I failed my stage 2 when I came out of the test centre, but I got through to stage 3.

You've probably done much better than you think, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

I could have cried.. :D..

Yeah, sure I’ll see what happens. Thanks and congrats..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

Were you in at 1.45?

I thought the non verbal was a bit harder this time around.
    Report writing was Ok, thankfully I went in expecting the sound to be bad from others saying it on this thread so I didn't get a shock when it was actually crap!

I'll be surprised if I passed to be honest!

I was surprised with the amount of women there today, there was a lot in my group and I think they outnumbered the men.

I don't know why I was surprised, I was probably expecting a majority of men.

I'm a woman btw!

I was surprised with the amount of women there today, there was a lot in my group and I think they outnumbered the men.

I'm a woman btw!

It was the other way round in my group. Definitely four times as many men than women!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Speaking of which. Is there a gender quota?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Speaking of which. Is there a gender quota?

No idea of the exact number obviously, but guarantee there is a minimum amount of women that they have to put through.

Were you in at 1.45?

I thought the non verbal was a bit harder this time around.
    Report writing was Ok, thankfully I went in expecting the sound to be bad from others saying it on this thread so I didn't get a shock when it was actually crap!

I'll be surprised if I passed to be honest!

Yeah I was in at 1.45. I thought the exact same to be honest.

The sound was so muffled. Is that the way it's made? or do they need new computer speakers??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

I'm a woman btw!

Really? During my group, men really out weighed us women. Great that more are applying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Oruam wrote: »
    I don't think the stage 2 verbal and abstract reasoning can have you moved up the OOM, since they're not marked. 

Anyway, does anybody know how many people are gonna get into the College in this campaign? I've read something like 800, am I wrong?

No ,I think stage 1 and 2 combined determine OOM.

I heard that they are looking to take in around 800 aswell each campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Is there parking at the test centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Jecz wrote: »

parking garages are closeby.

Jecz wrote: »

I drove to Red Cow Luas stop and got the Luas into town from there. There's a stop right outside the test centre if that helps!
    leheaven wrote: »
    Really? During my group, men really out weighed us women. Great that more are applying though.

Yeah I counted around 30 people and it was roughly half and half
    Yeah I was in at 1.45. I thought the exact same to be honest.

The sound was so muffled. Is that the way it's made? or do they need new computer speakers??? :pac:

God we could have been sitting right beside eachother! :p

I was talking to a girl after the tests and she said she went through the process 2 or 3 years ago and the sound was perfect, so sounds like they're just in bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

How did everyone’s stage 2’s go? And could anybody tell me how long they were waiting for their interview after passing stage 2? Thanks

User2206 wrote: »
    How did everyone’s stage 2’s go? And could anybody tell me how long they were waiting for their interview after passing stage 2? Thanks

First round of stage 2 was between the 7th and 17th Aug, Results were out on the 31st, I think. Interview dates for the top 137 were between the 17th and 27th Sept roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

First round of stage 2 was between the 7th and 17th Aug, Results were out on the 31st, I think. Interview dates for the top 137 were between the 17th and 27th Sept roughly.

Aw okay! I just did my stage 2 last Friday so was just wondering how long you have to wait After you receive your results! Thanks for the info

Aw okay! I just did my stage 2 last Friday so was just wondering how long you have to wait After you receive your results! Thanks for the info

No problem! It does seem to be moving quite quickly, so hopefully won't be too long of a wait for you!

God we could have been sitting right beside eachother! :p

I was talking to a girl after the tests and she said she went through the process 2 or 3 years ago and the sound was perfect, so sounds like they're just in bits!

That’s mad.. Could well have been! :D

Ah okay. That’s what I assumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Nope, the results were out on the 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Does anyone else thinks it a little strange that the living allowance while in the college is actually less than the dole? Surely we should get at least Dole money... just a thought

Advertisement