Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins

Options
  • 22-07-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Has anyone looked at Sallins or bought there? Seems pretty good value considering the train is there and some of the houses look nice.

I don't know the area well at all so does anyone have any inside knowledge?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I considered buying there in recent years. House prices have rocketed in more recent times from what I know.

It has a nice gastropub in Lock 13 there. Its got its own microbrewery. Some friends I have friends living there who rate it as a nice place to bring up their kids.

The train is useful if you are going into Heuston station and working that side of the city. You can also get a train that will take you into Connolly from there but it is a limited numbers of trains and times per day.

I'm not that familiar with the bus service from there but I know of a recent addition of the 139 which runs every 2 hours and will bring you up to Blanchardstown and back.

The Sallins bypass is underway which should help with the very high levels of traffic in the area also. Commuting by car from Naas and environs is a bit of a nightmare at the moment as far as I know due to traffic volumes and the roadworks that will be ongoing for some time.

Monread shopping centre is nearby, Tesco, Aldi, probably more now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Thanks for the info. So do you mean there is traffic problems in Sallins itself? To get to say the N7 in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. So do you mean there is traffic problems in Sallins itself? To get to say the N7 in the morning?

It depends on time and your location in the town but yes there is high levels of traffic in the town. I don't commute from there but travel through it every so often outside peak commuting time and the traffic is quite bad. They installed traffic lights at the bridge awhile back which seemed to have made the traffic worse.

Advertisement