Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum

Options
  • 22-07-2018 9:40am

Thanx 4 the Fish evidently misread a post on the humour thread there and thought I was making a comment about Spurs when it was a joke about Spurts (the new stadium allegedly resembles a toilet bowl from the air, yes not the funniest material ever but there you go).

No big deal, PMed him.to point out the error. It may simply be that he has not read the PM and has not got round to lifting it.

It's only a day ban but nevertheless it's incorrectly given.

Incidentally, the message contains a link to the prison forum but when I tried to post there I could not access it. Might be a matter for feedback, but if an appeal system is to work, then there should be no obstacle lodging one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for the bug report. It’s a known bug which does need to be fixed.

Let’s give the mod a little longer to reply, if you don’t mind. It is the weekend after all. If things haven’t moved along by tomorrow, let us know.

dudara wrote: »
    Thanks for the bug report. It’s a known bug which does need to be fixed.

Let’s give the mod a little longer to reply, if you don’t mind. It is the weekend after all. If things haven’t moved along by tomorrow, let us know.

Thanks for prompt answer and everything you say would usually be fine and a day would be no problem.

The only thing is, it's a day ban so by tomorrow it becomes moot. If it can still be addressed and retrospectively erased from the record, that's fine too. I just don't want the possibility of a "well it's already passed now so no point addressing it" end.

Even if it has expired, we’ll still go through the process and record the result. I’ll see if I can also push this on.

dudara wrote: »
    Even if it has expired, we’ll still go through the process and record the result. I’ll see if I can also push this on.

Great, thanks.

If that's possible, no real need to push it on. I'll survive a Sunday without access the soccer forum!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Conor,

I'm aware of two DRPs for the same reason before and the ban was overturned in both cases, so in the name of consistency the ban should be retroactively overturned here too.

I think one of the admins needs to do this.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi Conor,

I'm aware of two DRPs for the same reason before and the ban was overturned in both cases, so in the name of consistency the ban should be retroactively overturned here too.

I think one of the admins needs to do this.

Thanks.

I am not sure if this was actually done though...its not on the infractions received section that I can see anyway.

As the card has expired, I cannot remove it through the usual method. I'm checking on the best way to record the outcome.

Hi Conor74, as the ban has expired, I can’t technically lift it on the system. What we have done in the past in similar situations is apply a zero point custom infraction with a mod note stating that the ban has been overturned in DRP. This note will remain permanently visible.

Is that OK for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@donaldtramp - Do not post here unless invited to do so.

Post deleted.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in over one month.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement