Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for Customer Service

Options
  • 22-07-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm looking to open an account with a bank that actually have good customer service. I have accounts with two banks and they are both really poor. Having to deal with them is extremely frustrating and time consuming. Just wondering if anyone has any positive experiences? Not too worried about fees etc for now because I am paying them already with current providers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They are all the same. Someone might come on and say KBC are great but it's all down to luck each time you interact with a bank. I wouldn't recommend any Irish Bank. I'm with BOI and PTSB and I use Revolut which is not a bank but on the way to becoming one. I like Revolut alot but no one is perfect. You should like me be avoiding all fee's. Get a FREE money manager account with EBS and link it with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

sosnan wrote: »
    I'm looking to open an account with a bank that actually have good customer service.

By 'customer service' I assume you mean their telephone service and/or branch network. Most banks are not interested in customers for whom this is a priority. This is a natural extension of the policy which began with branch closures in suburbs and towns with an ageing population.

I'd advise you to change your priorities - go find a bank that provides decent internet services such that you hardly ever need to call them. It's at least 12 months since I had to phone any bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Stanford

coylemj wrote: »
    By 'customer service' I assume you mean their telephone service and/or branch network. Most banks are not interested in customers for whom this is a priority. This is a natural extension of the policy which began with branch closures in suburbs and towns with an ageing population.

I'd advise you to change your priorities - go find a bank that provides decent internet services such that you hardly ever need to call them. It's at least 12 months since I had to phone any bank.

I agree, even those with branch customer services will guide you towards automated ATMs for lodgements/withdrawals, I'm afraid the days of personal service are over....unless you owe them money..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

coylemj wrote: »
    go find a bank that provides decent internet services such that you hardly ever need to call them

Any advice for which bank is best for this.

Would love to see a comparison somewhere of what services different banks offer online and on app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sosnan

I use online banking all the time, the service is fine, until I need something. I'd be happy to only use online services, but when I do need to contact them, it ends up driving me bonkers. I sent a request to my current provider via email, I didn't recognise something on my account. 6 weeks and counting and all I've gotten so far is 'we'll forward it to the relevant department'. I asked to cancel something a while ago. It took two months and me having to call regularly. I guess they are all as bad as each other though, I'll change to a bank with no fees. Customer service can't be any worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

sosnan wrote: »
    I guess they are all as bad as each other though, I'll change to a bank with no fees. Customer service can't be any worse.

As poster Delta2113 advised above, EBS Money Manager is a no fees current account though they don't give you a chequebook, the debit card is not contactless, they don't have a mobile app and their website (even after a recent revamp) is not mobile friendly.

But it's excellent for transferring money around the place and paying bills online and you can withdraw money at any ATM. The only time I have to ring them is to ask them to confirm when I register a new payee for electronic money transfers. BoI send you a confirmation code via SMS to do this so having to phone someone to do the same thing is a bit of a PITA but thankfully doesn't happen too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Get Revolut and use EBS Debit card to top up your account -best off both worlds!

Advertisement