Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mtd rideon mower

Options
  • 22-07-2018 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this should go into the gardening section or here. Please move mods if needed.

Bought an MTD lawnmower from done deal, was working fine when I seen it. Got it home and keeps cutting out. Brought to local gardening store and they mention, as soon as they brought it in, the transmission belt shredded. 90€ for the belt and 50 to install it before they even look at the issue of why its cutting out. Also said it needs new battery which is 70 euro.

90 euro seems an awful lot to me for a transmission belt. I can understand the 50euro to fit it and the battery price however the belt seems very excessive. Does anyone know where'd I'd get an MTD transmission belt for a mastercut ridon mower because I'm now thinking of doing doing this myself if I can find a place that sells the belt and battery cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭blackbox

Try here:

http://www.beltingonline.com/

I have used them for Husqvarna belts and they seem to be good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The belt is on Ebay from €20 upwards. Fitting shouldn't be a problem. I did my drive belt last month, it took about an hour, but I did the tension on the blade timing belt too.

Batteries are €40 and up on Ebay too. Both items might be cheaper on Agrieuro or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

The belt is on Ebay from €20 upwards. Fitting shouldn't be a problem. I did my drive belt last month, it took about an hour, but I did the tension on the blade timing belt too.

Batteries are €40 and up on Ebay too. Both items might be cheaper on Agrieuro or similar.

How would I know which one to get.

Advertisement