Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi a6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

Hi, I've had two Audi A6's in my lifetime so far alongside an Audi A4 and S3 and as a brand in general, I would most definitely recommend them. Both A6's that I have owned 2007 (2.0 TFSI) and 2011 (2.0TDI) were fantastic vehicles and a real joy to drive in terms of comfort, ease, reliability and general satisfaction. No major issues with either, and I would definitely consider another one in the future.

The link you posted is indeed nice but if you up the year by one you'll get the newer version with all the mod-cons on the inside, including the popup screen and new infotainment system. The C6 Audi A6 ran from 2004 - 2011. Then the C7 came in during 2011. I've had both models and the interior of the older C6 got a little boring after a while that is personal opinion.

All depends really, what exactly you are looking for, is an estate essential for added space? Is Audi the clear-cut choice? BMW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Hi, I've had two Audi A6's in my lifetime so far alongside an Audi A4 and S3 and as a brand in general, I would most definitely recommend them. Both A6's that I have owned 2007 (2.0 TFSI) and 2011 (2.0TDI) were fantastic vehicles and a real joy to drive in terms of comfort, ease, reliability and general satisfaction. No major issues with either, and I would definitely consider another one in the future.

The link you posted is indeed nice but if you up the year by one you'll get the newer version with all the mod-cons on the inside, including the popup screen and new infotainment system. The C6 Audi A6 ran from 2004 - 2011. Then the C7 came in during 2011. I've had both models and the interior of the older C6 got a little boring after a while that is personal opinion.

All depends really, what exactly you are looking for, is an estate essential for added space? Is Audi the clear-cut choice? BMW?
    Prefer audi tbh. 2009 ones are significantly dearer. Not really into all the tech as long as car is good to drive. Looking at it this evening . Let you know how I get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Was looking to buy audi a6 estate 2010 but found this online. Does it look good. I know tax is dearer but can live with that. Seems like good value. any advice welcome.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-avant-2-0l-140-hp-automatic/18315395

If its not too late, when you go to check the car, check the Engine code. You will find this when you open the bonnet, and you will see the circular black cover over the cambelt, just behind the radiator. It will have a sticker on it, and you will see 3 letters.... something like " BLB, BKD,BKP etc ". Get these letters, and google " BLB ( if it is BLB) oil pump problems " Some of those 2.0 VAG engines gave a lot of trouble with balancer shafts failing. These shafts drive the oil pump, and when they fail....no oil pressure, and shortly after … no engine.
    Check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Was looking to buy audi a6 estate 2010 but found this online. Does it look good. I know tax is dearer but can live with that. Seems like good value. any advice welcome.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-avant-2-0l-140-hp-automatic/18315395

The Multitronic gearbox which I think that has is best avoided, from what I remember its not a great box. Best to go for a manual, this might be a better option. Unless your fixed on the estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

JJJJNR wrote: »
    The Multitronic gearbox which I think that has is best avoided, from what I remember its not a great box. Best to go for a manual, this might be a better option. Unless your fixed on the estate.
    Multitronic will fail its just a case of when and at that mileage it is sooner rather than later. A lot of places wont touch them and they are big money to recondition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement