Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest courier bike from Uk to Ireland

Options
  • 22-07-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Watching a bike on eBay....
    anyone recently ship one back and remember what was best.
    Currently looking at 50£ to parcel motel or 85£ with UPS to south.
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Watching a bike on eBay....
    anyone recently ship one back and remember what was best.
    Currently looking at 50£ to parcel motel or 85£ with UPS to south.
    Marty.

My wife bought a bike from the UK last year and it was £50 with DPD delivered to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers... did she organize DPD herself, I suppose I’d need sellers post code to really look properly.

Cheers... did she organize DPD herself, I suppose I’d need sellers post code to really look properly.

No. The seller did. I might be worth contacting DPD in both Ireland and the UK for pricing as one may be cheaper than the other.

No. The seller did. I might be worth contacting DPD in both Ireland and the UK for pricing as one may be cheaper than the other.

Contacted them. 60*60*60 is their limit, so won’t work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got a bike from planet X last year in the UK.
    Shipped it here directly no issue.
    Can't remember how much it cost though or with who.

• Advertisement

Contacted them. 60*60*60 is their limit, so won’t work.

Centimetres or inches?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Got a bike from planet X last year in the UK.
    Shipped it here directly no issue.
    Can't remember how much it cost though or with who.

They sort out the delivery though themselves don't they? MY bike from them was maybe 25 delivery.

Biketart delivered a frame for free.

Centimetres or inches?

Cm... I was talking to someone online on their website... they were not particularly helpful to say the least!

Anyhow... bike is bought and it’s going parcel motel for 50£ with parcel force I think.
    I’m hoping parcel motel don’t screw me over too much for over size.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I’m hoping parcel motel don’t screw me over too much for over size.

They delivered an oversized parcel for me recently and they didn't screw me. That said, this parcel was light enough

I wonder were you onto their parcel wizard section. Their size is limited. DPD deliver pallets of stuff. I know someone who sent a car door from Ireland to the UK with them.

• Advertisement

I wonder were you onto their parcel wizard section. Their size is limited. DPD deliver pallets of stuff. I know someone who sent a car door from Ireland to the UK with them.

Yeah the responses were “ I’m only briefed on our online services and cannot help you” ..basically!

Anyhow sorted for now...bit more than I expected to spend but sure what harm!

Advertisement