Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Warning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi GreeBo.

Can you tell me when you contacted the mod? It can take mods a while to get around to answering PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

dudara wrote: »
    Hi GreeBo.

Can you tell me when you contacted the mod? It can take mods a while to get around to answering PMs.

Hey dudara,

I contacted him immediately and he has been online (and carded another poster for the same thing in the same thread) since.

Cheers.

I assume that you are referring to the card given today at 12pm. Just because a mod is online doesn’t mean they have to reply to you right away. It is the weekend, so please give them some time. If you don’t get a response in a day or two, let me know and we’ll kick this on

I assume that you are referring to the card given today at 12pm. Just because a mod is online doesn’t mean they have to reply to you right away. It is the weekend, so please give them some time. If you don’t get a response in a day or two, let me know and we’ll kick this on

Will do.

Hey dudara,

I still have not heard anything back so would appreciate if you/CMOD could take a look at the card.

Cheers,
    Greebo.

• Advertisement

Can you please share the contents of the PM that you sent to the mod(s), plus the date & time? In the meantime, I will start the ball rolling with the CMods

Sure:

22-07-2018, 12:20
    Keano wrote:
    Dear GreeBo,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Keano

Your post:
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    It does happen to them all. Rory just gets the blunt of it on here.

It would be pretty strange if people brought it up in the Harrington thread instead.

22-07-2018, 12:21
    Are you kidding me?

22-07-2018, 12:37
    Are you going to engage or do I just open a DRP?

22-07-2018, 13:37
    I'll take that as a no then.

GreeBo - In all fairness, opening a conversation with "are you kidding me?" is hardly condusive to finding a resolution. Do you want to try again, or will I hand this over to a CMod?

GreeBo - In all fairness, opening a conversation with "are you kidding me?" is hardly condusive to finding a resolution. Do you want to try again, or will I hand this over to a CMod?

Hey,

tbf my opening PM was an immediate response to the (in my opinion) ridiculous nature of the infraction.

I'd still like to have it reviewed please as I don't believe it will be handled in an unbiased manner otherwise.

Thanks,
    GreeBo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Greebo, I'll have a look at this. Can you start by explaining what you meant by your post and what you thought it would achieve?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi Greebo, I'll have a look at this. Can you start by explaining what you meant by your post and what you thought it would achieve?

Hey, thanks for taking a look.

The post I quoted was complaining that other golfers have bad shots but that we only hear about Rory McIlroy's bad shots "on here".

I pointed out that its a specific "Rory McIlroy" thread so of course that's where people are going to discuss his bad shots and they are very unlikely to bring up some other golfers, we have other threads (both general & specific) for that.

There seems to be some sort of ban on saying anything negative about McIlroy for some reason, especially if I'm the one saying it.

Cheers

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's fairly clear that the poster meant the forum in general by "on here" rather than the specific thread and you were being a bit facetious in what you said. However the card is a bit harsh so I will rescind if you can acknowledge that you could have been a bit more constructive in making your point.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's fairly clear that the poster meant the forum in general by "on here" rather than the specific thread and you were being a bit facetious in what you said. However the card is a bit harsh so I will rescind if you can acknowledge that you could have been a bit more constructive in making your point.

Fair enough, it was probably more a response to the apparent gag on negative comments about McIlroy but I accept your point.

Thanks for taking a look.
    GreeBo.

Grand I'll get that sorted so.

Card reversed. Thanks all for working together on this.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement