Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open an account

Options
  • 22-07-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hallo! My name is Deniss, I am from Latvia. In August I come to Ireland, to a permanent place of residence. How can I open an account in Bank of Ireland.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sosnan

To open a bank account you will need ID and proof of address 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deniss0903

If I, staying with friends or relatives, an original household bill plus a note from the bill holder confirming my residency at the bill address, is acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Deniss0903 wrote: »
    If I, staying with friends or relatives, an original household bill plus a note from the bill holder confirming my residency at the bill address, is acceptable?

Hi Deniss0903,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

To open a new account with us, you need to provide photo id (passport or UK/Irish driving licence) and two proof of address documents in your own name. For proof of address we can accept any of the following:

Current utility bill (dated in the past 6 months)
    Current statement from credit or financial institution
    Current local authority document (Irish Water, Revenue, Co. Council)

We cannot accept a proof of address in another person's name.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement