Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerials versus Boosters and are any boosters legal now for 3 mobile networks?

• 22-07-2018 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I live in an area that only receives an outdoor 4G signal albeit it's an intermittent one too. The 3 mobile map shows that my area only has an outdoor 4G signal. I want to work online indoors using the 4G signal.

I was thinking of getting an aerial or booster but wasn't sure if the former is sufficient or do I need the latter realistically? Are there any legal boosters available now for the 3 mobile network? I remember reading somewhere that they might be some regulations being passed this year to legalise some.

We've no alternative internet that is good enough for me to work online, at least not until next year at the earliest. I don't want to have to move house just so I can get a better signal. It would be really great if I can get a reliable 4G signal indoors so I can work online using video conferencing.

I thank you in advance for any advice and information.

Comments

Advertisement