Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Knaus door handle stuck in lock position.

• 22-07-2018 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Okay so had a few kids in the van over the weekend (recipe for disaster I know!)

Ended up with the habitation door getting stuck in the lock position. I took it apart and studied it for 2 hours and it looks like a spring has come loose / undone and for the life of me I cannot figure out where it should be attached to the locking mechanism.

Everything appears to be present & correct on the inner & outer parts of the door lock except for this spring / coil.

Before spending £200 on a new one ionline, could anyone point me in the right direction of somebody who could fix this, would a regular locksmith be familiar with the inner workings of a mechanism like this?

I have attached a pic of the type of door lock if anyone can help it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

You could try taking it to a motorhome dealer/service area, there are quiet a few around the country.
    Or you could try emailing Knaus for help/schematic diagrams of the lock.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    You could try taking it to a motorhome dealer/service area, there are quiet a few around the country.
    Or you could try emailing Knaus for help/schematic diagrams of the lock.
    Good luck!

In the end I had to send it to a dealer to see if it can be repaired.

Advertisement