Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-2016 Octavia VRS

• 22-07-2018 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Thinking of going for an estate VRS (2015-2016). Planned to import from UK but the savings didn't seem to be massive and the spec here appears good. Am I mad not buying in the UK?

Anyone know of any issues with these (tdi)? How are they to live with day-to-day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Values in the UK are dropping. They have a few bits the Irish ones don't have and vice versa. Nothing major though.

If you're looking at a 2015 make sure it's after build week 22 - better headunit with bigger screen and Android auto and apple carplay capabilities. If it's not activated it can be.

Other than that they're fairly solid. Had a 2015 one for about 18 months, zilch went wrong in about 55k. Noise levels inside can be impacted big time by tyre choice, they're comfortable for long journeys, can be quite economical and loads of space.

Only thing really that I've heard gives an issue is the water pump but I think this was on earlier cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Not mad at all if its not worth the trip why bother depends on the individual they look great in estate especially in that blue colour know a fella with an Irish one think it's 2016 diesel absolutely loves it zero issues very quick they don't seem to be any cheaper than a golf gtd which are similar

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Thanks. Was just torn between local and the UK. Now, next big question...

There are two local ones, one is a higher spec, but has higher mileage (an extra 20k) and is a year older. It's around 1/1.5k cheaper than another one which is a year younger and has lower mileage and lower spec.

Any advice on this? Am sort of leaning towards the older car (it's in a colour I like too).

If it was me personally I wud go for the higher spec and only a year older if its in good nick but it's ur money

What's the difference in spec?

If it's a year older it would want to have close on everything ticked to be worth only 1500 less. Ones either a bit on the cheap side or the others over priced.

• Advertisement

Additional spec includes panoramic roof, upgraded interior,.additional boot features, a real spare tyre (not the foam), upgraded Sat nav & display.

Remember ur buying a car not a number plate which one looks better looked after and maintained have you driven both who is selling them is ther any faults with either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

Just remember though when you go into a dealer to trade in when the time comes the first thing he will ask you is what year is it. Won't be important if you plan to keep it for 10 years plus but will if only keeping it 2 or 3 years. I would go the newer one but that's only because I like a newer number plate rather than spec .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is a higher digit on the reg plate worth €1500 extra? If both cars are in the same condition I'd go with the high spec one unless a car is just a white goods product taking you from a to b.

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Additional spec includes panoramic roof, upgraded interior,.additional boot features, a real spare tyre (not the foam), upgraded Sat nav & display.

Older one sounds like the nicer car in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is a higher digit on the reg plate worth €1500 extra? If both cars are in the same condition I'd go with the high spec one unless a car is just a white goods product taking you from a to b.

Older car is a year older with 20k more miles. Also a year less of manufacturers warrenty. Other poster says the difference might be even only 1k to 1500. Unless the newer one is the complete basic paddy spec with wind up windows and no radio then I would be going the newer one.

Edit what manufacturer warranty is with skodas nowadays ?

3 years so a 2015 would most likely be out. In saying that if it's a Skoda dealer an approved used one should get a 12 month warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mengele wrote: »
    Older car is a year older with 20k more miles. Also a year less of manufacturers warrenty. Other poster says the difference might be even only 1k to 1500. Unless the newer one is the complete basic paddy spec with wind up windows and no radio then I would be going the newer one.

Edit what manufacturer warranty is with skodas nowadays ?

The OP is buying from a dealer so will get a warranty with either. There is more to a car than just the year on a number plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Values in the UK are dropping. They have a few bits the Irish ones don't have and vice versa. Nothing major though.

If you're looking at a 2015 make sure it's after build week 22 - better headunit with bigger screen and Android auto and apple carplay capabilities. If it's not activated it can be.

Other than that they're fairly solid. Had a 2015 one for about 18 months, zilch went wrong in about 55k. Noise levels inside can be impacted big time by tyre choice, they're comfortable for long journeys, can be quite economical and loads of space.

Only thing really that I've heard gives an issue is the water pump but I think this was on earlier cars.
    Apologies for going off topic but would you know when the Leon fr would have received the updated infotainment?

Yeah will be buying from a dealer so getting a year warranty. Thanks for your help - my head is a bit clearer on this!

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Apologies for going off topic but would you know when the Leon fr would have received the updated infotainment?

Same time, MY2016 after week 22 in 2015. The 6.5 inch screen is the giveaway compared to the earlier 5.8 inch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement