Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vrt req & different county.

• 22-07-2018 10:09pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    need to vrt an imported car over next two weeks.

Live in meath but want a dublin reg on it.

Can I just reg to my mams dublin address - will they reguire docs for that address ? (don't have any)
    Show my own meath docs and ask for a dub reg - to my mams address ?

anyone do this ?

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

You need documents from county address that you want. I registered a few yokes with a kilkenny reg as the number is low I didnt want a big long dublin reg. You need proof off address so phone bill or something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭AuldDaysul

The car can be registered in friend/family name and address to suit you're preferred county reg if you dont have a bill in your name for that county. Then just pay the tax online and wait for logbook and change to your name.

I photoshopped a different address on a bill once too, bit sketchy but worked no bother as it was my original home address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    The car can be registered in friend/family name and address to suit you're preferred county reg if you dont have a bill in your name for that county. Then just pay the tax online and wait for logbook and change to your name.

I photoshopped a different address on a bill once too, bit sketchy but worked no bother as it was my original home address.

That will add another owner to the car though. You can change address online but not the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Del2005 wrote: »
    That will add another owner to the car though. You can change address online but not the owner.

Yeah i just registered in family name and address that's why id pay tax and wait for logbook, then just send away again in my name and address.

Another owner wouldnt bother me.

Getting you're preferred county on a bill by whatever means is obviously the best solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

AuldDaysul wrote: »

what-up-dodgy.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement