Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another car park?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

road_high wrote: »
    If people are comparing to Waterford- I find that way handier than Kilkenny to get in and out of. 5 mins off the motorway you can be in and parked along the Quays without a bother and there's always lots of spaces. Also lots of nice wide pedestrianized streets

It is hard to get parking in High Street. I bring the elderly uncle to Kilkenny, but we don't go near High Street. He's not able for the Butter Slip if I park in Dunnes, or the trek across from Market Cross. It's grand for me on my own, but at least he finds McDonagh Junction manageable. Lots of disabled spaces, plus the lifts and loos. Vital for an older gentleman not too good on the legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

madmaggie wrote: »
    It is hard to get parking in High Street. I bring the elderly uncle to Kilkenny, but we don't go near High Street. He's not able for the Butter Slip if I park in Dunnes, or the trek across from Market Cross. It's grand for me on my own, but at least he finds McDonagh Junction manageable. Lots of disabled spaces, plus the lifts and loos. Vital for an older gentleman not too good on the legs.

There is no parking spaces in high street only taxi ranks, loading bays, very few disabled spaces it brings it home to you when you have somebody sick or elderly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

In the era of convenience shopping on High St is being made very difficult

Advertisement