Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warm weather is great for saving money

• 22-07-2018 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

This just hit me today, the warm weather has cut down on the bills, no gas heating being used, no fire being lit, no clothes dryer being used, oven being used less as more bbq and salads, it's all good:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Ya that's grand but I'm still a wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

GoneHome wrote: »
    This just hit me today, the warm weather has cut down on the bills, no gas heating being used, no fire being lit, no clothes dryer being used, oven being used less as more bbq and salads, it's all good:)

Your clearly not accounting for all the 99s Loop the loops, sausages, sand castle spade and buckets, beach towels, snorkelling gear from Lidl you ended up not using, beach shorts from Penneys, suncream, aftersun, insect repellent, numerous sunglasses, bottles of Kopparburg etc

Yea so not so fast young GoneHome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

D Trent wrote: »
    Your clearly not accounting for all the 99s Loop the loops, sausages, sand castle spade and buckets, beach towels, snorkelling gear from Lidl you ended up not using, beach shorts from Penneys, suncream, aftersun, insect repellent, numerous sunglasses, bottles of Kopparburg etc

Yea so not so fast young GoneHome.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I wish this temperature would **** off. Way too warm. Can barely sleep at night with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

AllForIt wrote: »

Can’t make hay with all this sun!!! The grass isn’t growing!!!!!

GoneHome wrote: »

Agree, mostly! Would never light a fire in July , and no clothes drier.. no extras though like ice creams etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

We'll end up paying for the good weather somehow. If it's not in the form of an actual tax (under the excuse of improving the mains water network or global warming) it will be in the form of prolonged sh1te weather down the line.

No such thing as 'free' nice weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bord Gas Energy are clearly feeling the summer heat, got my two monthly midweek on Saturday they texted me demanding I pay up!

We'll end up paying for the good weather somehow. If it's not in the form of an actual tax (under the excuse of improving the mains water network or global warming) it will be in the form of prolonged sh1te weather down the line.

No such thing as 'free' nice weather.

It is still free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement