Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Approval

• 23-07-2018 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey everyone

Just looking for some advice.

We are in the process of waiting back from A.I.B in regards to our mortgage. We already applied to Ptsb through a broker and they refused us due to repayment capacity. Absoulete nonsense.
    Met with a extremely nice mortgage advisor in our local aib branch and he had a look through our files and said everything is looking great, and he would send it to the underwriting department.
    There is one thing standing in our way, I previously had a loan 12 years ago with A.I.B ( paid back ) but fell In extremely hard times. This is showing up on my credit history in the bank.

Do you think this could jeopardise our mortgage?
    Also, when do we expect to hear something back from them as I am extremely nervous in case we get turned down.

We have a booking deposit paid on a property which we were advised to do so by the broker who dealt with our last application so, needless to say time is not on our hands.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Impossible answer those questions OP. Best advise is to call the AIB mortgage advisor you met, and ask them directly.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

Impossible answer those questions OP. Best advise is to call the AIB mortgage advisor you met, and ask them directly.

Best of luck.

We have asked our advisor and he has said it could go against us, but that it was 12 years ago that it would be ridiculous if they held it against us.

Advertisement