Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Saver account bonus and Mortgage cashback

Options
  • 23-07-2018 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi ,
          Just wondering if I qualify , can I get both ( Mortgage Saver account bonus interest 2000.00 Euro and Mortgage cashback 2% )  As its not clear anywhere , here on this website someone from Bank Of Ireland in 2017 replied to one person , " you can not get both " , then replied to another person " yes you can get both " .

Clarification in this matter much appreciated .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

bluemoon2 wrote: »
    Hi ,
          Just wondering if I qualify , can I get both ( Mortgage Saver account bonus interest 2000.00 Euro and Mortgage cashback 2% )  As its not clear anywhere , here on this website someone from Bank Of Ireland in 2017 replied to one person , " you can not get both " , then replied to another person " yes you can get both " .

Clarification in this matter much appreciated .

Hi bluemoon2,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The terms and conditions on the offers changed in between the posts that you mentioned. If you’re a first time buyer that qualifies for a MortgageSaver Bonus and also qualifies for our 2% Cashback offer you’ll get both the MortgageSaver Bonus and Cashback.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Hi Tara

I’m sorry to be digging up an old thread but I hope you can help.

When I initially got my mortgage approval I enquired into this during 2017 and was told of the conditions at the time that if I opened a MortgageSaver account I wouldn’t be able to avail of both the MortgageSaver €2000 bonus and the 2% cashback offer. Because of this I decided against opening the mortgage saver account as the 2% cashback offer was the better offer of the two. I instead continued to save into my BOI current account and, after getting an extension on the approval, eventually ended up drawing down in May 18.

I now find out that the conditions changed before I had drawn down and that I could have availed of the bonus offer after all. My savings into my current account alone would have met the terms and conditions.

When I was extending my approval in late 2017 I really could have done with every extra assistance possible but it wasn’t mentioned to me once.

I know it’s a long shot but is there anyone I could speak to in relation to it ?

Thank you for reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

FGR wrote: »
    Hi Tara

I’m sorry to be digging up an old thread but I hope you can help.

When I initially got my mortgage approval I enquired into this during 2017 and was told of the conditions at the time that if I opened a MortgageSaver account I wouldn’t be able to avail of both the MortgageSaver €2000 bonus and the 2% cashback offer. Because of this I decided against opening the mortgage saver account as the 2% cashback offer was the better offer of the two. I instead continued to save into my BOI current account and, after getting an extension on the approval, eventually ended up drawing down in May 18.

I now find out that the conditions changed before I had drawn down and that I could have availed of the bonus offer after all. My savings into my current account alone would have met the terms and conditions.

When I was extending my approval in late 2017 I really could have done with every extra assistance possible but it wasn’t mentioned to me once.

I know it’s a long shot but is there anyone I could speak to in relation to it ?

Thank you for reading

Hi there,

Thanks for the message.
    The terms and conditions of offers that we have are subject to change and as a result of this I'm very sorry but we wouldn't be able to offer this bonus to persons that did not or do not hold a Mortgage saver account.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us here.
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 moneymore

Hello, I just want to double-check this. I'm a first time buyer and I opened a mortgage saver account in October 2017 and have since met the conditions to qualify for the €2000 bonus. If I draw down a mortgage with BOI will I also qualify for the 2% cash back offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi moneymore,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

As mentioned above by my colleague Tara, If you’re a first time buyer that qualifies for a MortgageSaver Bonus and also qualifies for our 2% Cashback offer you’ll get both the MortgageSaver Bonus and Cashback.

If you've any other queries please let us know, and best of luck with the new home.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ACCAman

Hi 

I have a query on the terms and conditions of your mortgage saver account. 

We have saved for 6 consecutive months by direct debit and now have a balance of over €5k.

Do we still qualify for the €2k bonus if we withdraw some or all of the funds and the balance drops below €5k?

We have other accounts that pay a higher rate of interest, so we would like to move the funds there if we can. 

I understand that we would have to drawdown a mortgage with BOI in order to get the €2k bonus.
    I'm just wondering if we have to keep the money in the account. 

Many thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi ACCAman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Once you meet the terms and conditions to qualify for the €2k bonus you will be able to withdraw some of the funds, however we do recommend that you keep the account open in order to qualify for the bonus.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement