Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WFP waiting times

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

rebecca82 wrote: »
    Applied 21st January for wfp. Got it today into bank account with arrears included. 8 weeks in total. Rang wfp to make sure money was from them.

7 weeks is it not? We applied the Monday after you, so I'm hopeful now

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rebecca82

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    7 weeks is it not? We applied the Monday after you, so I'm hopeful now

Haven’t a clue thought was 8 weeks but cud have included today pay too. Anyways it came quickly enough in the end!!

Haven’t a clue thought was 8 weeks but cud have included today pay too. Anyways it came quickly enough in the end!!

We're only on one income and things are getting desperate, so hoping that we might be within the next two weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Applied 21st January for wfp. Got it today into bank account with arrears included. 8 weeks in total. Rang wfp to make sure money was from them.

Delighted for you

We're only on one income and things are getting desperate, so hoping that we might be within the next two weeks!

I know how u feeling it’s very hard. We got payment then in post today we got the letter from wfp to say it was awarded.

• Advertisement

I know how u feeling it’s very hard. We got payment then in post today we got the letter from wfp to say it was awarded.

Just got an email to say that it will be 3 to 4 weeks before our claim is even looked at because the waiting time is now 9 weeks. Devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

Just got an email to say that it will be 3 to 4 weeks before our claim is even looked at because the waiting time is now 9 weeks. Devastated.

What date did you send yours in/did they acknowledge receipt? Mine was received 30 Jan so just wondering if I'm before or after you. Really could do with it at this stage.

Pepsicass wrote: »
    What date did you send yours in/did they acknowledge receipt? Mine was received 30 Jan so just wondering if I'm before or after you. Really could do with it at this stage.

You would be ahead of me likely, we sent it in on the 28th and it was acknowledged the 5th of Feb.

You would be ahead of me likely, we sent it in on the 28th and it was acknowledged the 5th of Feb.

So I'm a week ahead of you. So probably 2/3 weeks more for me. Feck - I was hoping this or next week.

I'll let you know when I hear anything so at least you'll know yours is imminent.

So I'm a week ahead of you. So probably 2/3 weeks more for me. Feck - I was hoping this or next week.

I'll let you know when I hear anything so at least you'll know yours is imminent.

I was hoping the next 2 to 3 weeks myself. Savings are long gone at this stage! Hopefully you get sorted soon!

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know I received my first weekly payment and a letter saying my arrears will be paid in "due course".

It will be backdated to the week after I started work. I emailed them to ask why it isn't being backdated to the week I started work as that's when my jobseekers payment stopped.

Just to let everyone know I received my first weekly payment and a letter saying my arrears will be paid in "due course".

It will be backdated to the week after I started work. I emailed them to ask why it isn't being backdated to the week I started work as that's when my jobseekers payment stopped.

If I remember right, JS is paid in arrears so there would be an overlap. On the flip side, that's two people here very recently that got their payments quickly enough and they sent us our letter dated the 5th of February so hopefully we're next! :D

Got our letter of approval in the door this morning, with arrears to arrive "in due course". Just delighted to know its finally sorted. 8 weeks wait!

Got our letter of approval in the door this morning, with arrears to arrive "in due course". Just delighted to know its finally sorted. 8 weeks wait!

Delighted for u at long last 😀😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

I rang today and was told my claim was approved on Saturday that I would receive a letter in the coming days. Anyone know what day the payments are made? Will the back dated money be included with the first payment? Thanks in advance.

(My date was 1st of April nearly 10 weeks waiting)

mackey9387 wrote: »
    I rang today and was told my claim was approved on Saturday that I would receive a letter in the coming days. Anyone know what day the payments are made? Will the back dated money be included with the first payment? Thanks in advance.

Hi payments are on a Thursday and when I got approved my back dated money was included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

tommyboy26 wrote:
    i think we are talking about two different places.

rebecca82 wrote:
    Hi payments are on a Thursday and when I got approved my back dated money was included.

Thank You.

mackey9387 wrote: »

Payments are Thursday as already stated but we only received our backdated pay a fortnight ago - just dont rely on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Anybody know how long renewals are taking atm? Mine was received on 28th May, just a few weeks left on current payment. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any1 know what dates they are working on I received my confirmation letter on the 18th April and haven’t heard anything since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long renewals are taking atm? Mine was received on 28th May, just a few weeks left on current payment. Thanks.

I’m the same mine was received on the 18th April and still nothing?

Minicopper wrote: »
    I’m the same mine was received on the 18th April and still nothing?

For renewal? Thought it’d be a lot faster, have you finished old payment now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Not So Wise One

Confirmation letter 15th April, approval letter received today. Was anyone's assessment incorrect? What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Confirmation letter 15th April, approval letter received today. Was anyone's assessment incorrect? What did you do?

I got my confirmation letter on the 18th hopefully it won’t be much longer now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MK1992

For anybody wondering they are working on the 29th of April's applications now I rang this morning.

Hi. They received my renewal form 5 weeks ago, does anyone know how long renewals are taking at the moment? Think last payment is this week. Starting to get worried.

anyone know what date they are handling now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi they are on may 16th I rang yesterday.

just to update everyone I rang wfp yesterday and they are currently working on the 28th of may I got a confirmation letter for the 23rd of may I asked the woman on the phone if I have been approved or not since they are past my date of confirmation and she said it is still with the deciding officer does anyone know if it will be a much longer wait like I thought they should know by now if it is approved or not because my letter was for the 23rd of may and they are working on the 28th. By the time I get it I'll have to renew it 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Skyehye

Hi, just wondering if I'll be eligible for the wfp. I've being registered since 19th June with acknowledgement letter. I'm separated from my husband over 3 months but didn't get a separation agreement, we just parted ways. I have sent everything in that they wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iwantopinion

Skyehye wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if I'll be eligible for the wfp. I've being registered since 19th June with acknowledgement letter. I'm separated from my husband over 3 months but didn't get a separation agreement, we just parted ways. I have sent everything in that they wanted?

Hiya, you shouldn't need a separation agreement maybe a bill with your husbands name showing his new address. I am separated and I cant remember if I sent in a bill or not. I have an affidavit done outlining in basic terms what myself and my ex have arranged between ourselves. I think I sent that in. It's so long ago now I applied I cant remember!
    No harm for future to get something drawn up in case you have to apply for more things in future.

Just to update I received a reply to an email I sent last week that current wait times is "9 weeks or so"

They recieved my application 06th June.

Rang today they are in June now.

Does anyone know if the wfp ring you, because I've missed a call twice from a Dublin number and I'm afraid it was them and I've missed them. I've tried ringing it back but it won't allow me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Does anyone know if the wfp ring you, because I've missed a call twice from a Dublin number and I'm afraid it was them and I've missed them. I've tried ringing it back but it won't allow me to.

They've never rang me, I think they'd sooner write out to you. Besides, their office is based in Longford so it could be an 043 prefix as far as I know.

• Advertisement

No I haven't been contacted by phone by them. I rang again today and I was told its with the deciding officer the lady on phone was lovely and she was able to tell me what additional things they needed ( payslips) . She said the letter only went out to me yesterday but I asked if I could email them in this evening to speed along. She told me the name to address it to. Fingers crossed this moves things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

No I haven't been contacted by phone by them. I rang again today and I was told its with the deciding officer the lady on phone was lovely and she was able to tell me what additional things they needed ( payslips) . She said the letter only went out to me yesterday but I asked if I could email them in this evening to speed along. She told me the name to address it to. Fingers crossed this moves things along.

Hi ,

Do you know what date your papers was originally received

Hi ,

Do you know what date your papers was originally received

Yes they received mine on 6th of June. I had posted the previous Thursday.

Has anybody heard anything back yet that were registered in June?

Has anybody heard anything back yet that were registered in June?

Mine was sent in June but still with deciding officer I called yday and she was on a course day. I'm hoping it's going to be soon. Really had hoped to have by now.

• Advertisement

Hopefully u should hear soon, I'm hoping to hear soon, I was the 19th june

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭BeerFarts

Does anyone know if they'll backdate it to the start of employment? I'm having a hard time getting my employer to stamp the forms for god knows what reason. It's been 3 weeks now and I'm getting impatient - I just hope I'm not losing out on money because of it, things are very tight at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A Teddy bear

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they'll backdate it to the start of employment? I'm having a hard time getting my employer to stamp the forms for god knows what reason. It's been 3 weeks now and I'm getting impatient - I just hope I'm not losing out on money because of it, things are very tight at the moment.
    No, they'll only backdate it from the date they receive the form.

No, they'll only backdate it from the date they receive the form.

They seem to have conflicting info on this? I've read on welfare.ie that once the application is received within 3 months of circumstances changing then you will be back dated to when you became eligible. Then I've read on here some people only being paid to when forms were recieved by dept of social welfare.

Been approved! Rang today and it is being back dated to thurs after I started work.

Application sent 28/05
    Application recieved 06/06
    Approved 06/08

I received a letter on Friday saying I was refused because I was participating in a work scheme �� turns out my employer filled the form out wrong. Deciding over rang me this morning to say my employer ticked yes to the working scheme even tho I'm not�� so now I've to get letter of her tonight saying I'm not, email to him tomorrow and he will look at it straight away. So sounds positive

Hi, just got letter in post to say if being awarded wfp. Letter was registered on the 19th june. Just wondering they say first payment would issue from the 15th August which was yesterday but nothing there. Anyone every got it on a different day?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Hi, just got letter in post to say if being awarded wfp. Letter was registered on the 19th june. Just wondering they say first payment would issue from the 15th August which was yesterday but nothing there. Anyone every got it on a different day?

Nope, it's paid on a Thursday in advance, so I'd imagine that you'll receive your first payment (backdated to the 15th) next Thursday. Depending on who you bank with, the payment might reach your account on the Wednesday night. I'm with Ulster Bank and that's the case for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 XXTOMXX

Does any one know if u can continue on casual dockets while waiting on a wfp decision

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenbeebee

Hi
    Anyone know what month they are in of processing applications?? I’ve emailed and called and tweeted? Nobody seems to respond?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement