Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Joint Account - Marriage Certificate

Options
  • 23-07-2018 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I went through the motions of opening a joint account for my wife and I last night on the bank of ireland website.

We both have existing bank of ireland accounts which we get paid into. Her accounts are in her maiden name, and going forward we want to open the joint account in her married name.

When filling out applicant details, we put her married name as her surname. Her proof of address documents and ID currently have her previous name on it. When uploading documents from e-mail link, I was not given opportunity to upload a copy of marriage cert as proof of marriage for new name etc.

Can you advise if there's an e-mail address I can follow on with this information?
    There was no application reference number in the e-mail address that I could quote.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Squall Leonhart,

Thanks for your message.

The account can only be opened in the name showing on the photo id provided on the application. The name can be changed once the account has been set up by calling into a local branch with the original marriage cert and photo id.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Hi Squall Leonhart,

Thanks for your message.

The account can only be opened in the name showing on the photo id provided on the application. The name can be changed once the account has been set up by calling into a local branch with the original marriage cert and photo id.

Thanks
    Tara
    Okay Tara, thanks.

The photo ID that would need to be presented along with marriage cert does this need to be with new married name? Her passport is her photo ID and is in maiden name, it will not be in new name until renewal is due on same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Okay Tara, thanks.

The photo ID that would need to be presented along with marriage cert does this need to be with new married name? Her passport is her photo ID and is in maiden name, it will not be in new name until renewal is due on same.

Yes, that would be fine for photo id, the marriage cert will show her previous name anyway.

Thanks again,
    Tara

Advertisement