Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patchy lawn

Options
  • 23-07-2018 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Hello

I want to preempt this with I haven’t a clue about gardening - so apologies.

See attached picture. Now, please note the existing grass is not great either !! However, as you can see there is an area where the grass is not there at all. This all happened cause there was trees overhanging this particular area and no light getting at them. I cut the trees and now light gets at this area and you can actually see it now ;)

Not sure if evident from pics but it’s onky a small area. 1 metre long maybe.
    I want to TRY and sow some grass seeds. Read some instructions online and seems I have to.

1. Rake up/disturb/ dig up the existing soil. (I’m not sure how deep or how aggressive I have to go)

2. Shake the grass seed. Not sure of how much. A couple of handfuls maybe.

3. Gently rake in. Not sure how gentle is gentle. Should the seeds be kinda hidden after raking in?

4. “Tread” the soil after this. Which I think means just gently stomped my down the area with you feet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi

Can you delete this particular thread.

Advertisement