Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bento boxes

Options
  • 23-07-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can get a decent four compartment, water tight resuable bento box? I love bento takeout but the amount of plastic waste is astonishing. I doubt my local bento place would mind using my resuable bento container but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Most of the ones even on Amazon are either 3 compartments or aren't watertight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I used to buy stuff of a group called cdjapan.co.uk a few years ago. Took a quick look and they do have a few, but most were 3 compartments. I did pick up one with 3 compartments in Tk Maxx about a year ago that was watertight so maybe keep an eye there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Maldesu wrote: »
    I used to buy stuff of a group called cdjapan.co.uk a few years ago. Took a quick look and they do have a few, but most were 3 compartments. I did pick up one with 3 compartments in Tk Maxx about a year ago that was watertight so maybe keep an eye there.

Cheers, I don't know why they all seem to be three compartments. Most bento lunches have four or even five components.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

There’s one on amazon called the modern that can have up to 6 compartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

kylith wrote: »
    There’s one on amazon called the modern that can have up to 6 compartments.

I just saw that there. The compartments aren't watertight according to the Q&A.

Advertisement