Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add payee, mobile number incorrect

Options
  • 23-07-2018 12:06pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to add a payee to my online banking account but when I get to the confirmation stage the app requests to send an SMS to a mobile never which is no longer active.

I can't seem to change this mobile number in the app or on the website. I phoned customer service who told me they couldn't do it either. I even went i to my home branch when I was back in Ireland and they confirmed they had made the change but 5 days later the number used in the app is incorrect.

I also need to update my billing address but am stuck in the same loop.

Is there anything you can do to help
    - change mobile number
    - change address
    - add a payee ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I'm trying to add a payee to my online banking account but when I get to the confirmation stage the app requests to send an SMS to a mobile never which is no longer active.

I can't seem to change this mobile number in the app or on the website. I phoned customer service who told me they couldn't do it either. I even went i to my home branch when I was back in Ireland and they confirmed they had made the change but 5 days later the number used in the app is incorrect.

I also need to update my billing address but am stuck in the same loop.

Is there anything you can do to help
    - change mobile number
    - change address
    - add a payee ?

Thanks

Hi pickarooney,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the address on your account is not up to date, you will need to call customer service on 0818365365 to have this updated before you can amend your mobile. When you amend your mobile for security codes on 365 Online, a code to confirm this is sent to the address you have set up on your account and your branch wouldn't have access to amending this. After you've called to change the address, the update takes five business days and once this is done you can then amend your mobile so you can receive payee security codes to your new mobile.

Thanks
    Tara

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hi pickarooney,

If the address on your account is not up to date, you will need to call customer service on 0818365365 to have this updated before you can amend your mobile. When you amend your mobile for security codes on 365 Online, a code to confirm this is sent to the address you have set up on your account and your branch wouldn't have access to amending this. After you've called to change the address, the update takes five business days and once this is done you can then amend your mobile so you can receive payee security codes to your new mobile.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Unfortunately this is not the case, or at least customer service is not aware of the procedure as when I called they told me they were unable to change my address on the phone. I am unable to change it online and in my branch they were not able to do it either.

I can't find any option to change my mobile in the 365 app.

I need a solution as I'm stuck in a vicious circle here and need to transfer this money urgently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi pickarooney,

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Unfortunately this is not the case, or at least customer service is not aware of the procedure as when I called they told me they were unable to change my address on the phone. I am unable to change it online and in my branch they were not able to do it either.

I can't find any option to change my mobile in the 365 app.

I need a solution as I'm stuck in a vicious circle here and need to transfer this money urgently.

Thanks for getting back to us here. Can I ask when called to change your address and also did you request to change your address in the branch when you went in and if so did the advisers there tell you that it would be changed?
    If you'd like to discuss this privately there should be a link below this message that you can use to do this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks for getting back to us here. Can I ask when called to change your address and also did you request to change your address in the branch when you went in and if so did the advisers there tell you that it would be changed?
    If you'd like to discuss this privately there should be a link below this message that you can use to do this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Darren,

I called to change my address three weeks ago.
    In my branch they said they did not have the possibility to change the address, only the mobile number.

I don't see the link under your mail on the mobile website but will look from the PC version of the site tomorrow.

Hi Darren,

In my branch they said they did not have the possibility to change the address, only the mobile number.

I don't see the link under your mail on the mobile website but will look from the PC version of the site tomorrow.

Hi pickarooney,

We've double checked this with our customer service team and if you can please call 0818 365365 and select options 1-2 & 2, an adviser will be happy to update the address for you on the call.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Darren,

Hi pickarooney,

We've double checked this with our customer service team and if you can please call 0818 365365 and select options 1-2 & 2, an adviser will be happy to update the address for you on the call.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

It took a couple of goes but eventually the CSR was able to bypass one of the steps and update the address over the phone.
    Unfortunately I have to wait up to 10 days to get a letter in the post with a code to allow me to update the mobile phone number.
    I don't understand why that is, or why when my branch updated the phone number locally it wasn't updated on B365 but if this is the extent to which you can help me out I'll just have to bear with it.

I'm sure people change mobile numbers all the time, it seems counter-productive to have to wait so long and use the postal system to make a change to an online service. I can't get my head around why the website or the app doesn't have an option to change my mobile number.

Regards,
    Pickarooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi Darren,

Hi pickarooney,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

It took a couple of goes but eventually the CSR was able to bypass one of the steps and update the address over the phone.
    Unfortunately I have to wait up to 10 days to get a letter in the post with a code to allow me to update the mobile phone number.
    I don't understand why that is, or why when my branch updated the phone number locally it wasn't updated on B365 but if this is the extent to which you can help me out I'll just have to bear with it.

I'm sure people change mobile numbers all the time, it seems counter-productive to have to wait so long and use the postal system to make a change to an online service. I can't get my head around why the website or the app doesn't have an option to change my mobile number.

Regards,
    Pickarooney

Thanks for this feedback pickarooney and good to hear that you got sorted. Please be assured that all feedback that we would get through Boards is noted.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

I'm still waiting on them to send me the paperwork needed to update my mobile phone so I can add a payee.
    This is an absolute joke.

Hi pickarooney,

Have you logged in to amend your mobile after the address was updated?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi pickarooney,

Have you logged in to amend your mobile after the address was updated?

Thanks
    Tara

Yes, but it won't complete until I enter a code which is supposed to arrive by post. Why does it take over two weeks to post a letter?

• Advertisement

Hi pickarooney,

If you registered your new mobile before you requested the address change, the code will have gone to your old address. You need to access the mobile details and select Activate. You will be asked to enter the security code so please key in 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 and do this 3 times. This will issue the code to your new address now that it has been updated.

Thanks
    Tara

The letter finally arrived! Payee added and money transferred. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi pickarooney,

That's brilliant, thank you for keeping us updated.

Sorry that the process didn't go as smoothly as we'd hoped.

Warm regards,

Lorna

Advertisement