Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to open mortgage saver account ?

Options
  • 23-07-2018 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Dear , 
              I am a first time buyer and my mortgage application with Bank Of Ireland has already "Approved In Principle " few weeks ago and I am looking for a house now , below is my question.

1- Can I still open Mortgage Saver Account or we need to open it 6 months before we apply for mortgage ? as according to information on your website we must save for atleast 6 consecutive months to get 2000.00 Bonus Interest but in my situation I might find a house soon and drawdown mortgage in 3 or 4 months , so would you allow me to complete my consecutive 6 months even after drawdown my mortgage and then give me Bonus Interest ? I couldn,t get this information and went to bank as well but they were not sure , so can you check that for me please with your experts in this field as I will decide if I will open this account or not after you reply. ? 

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

bluemoon2 wrote: »
    Dear , 
              I am a first time buyer and my mortgage application with Bank Of Ireland has already "Approved In Principle " few weeks ago and I am looking for a house now , below is my question.

1- Can I still open Mortgage Saver Account or we need to open it 6 months before we apply for mortgage ? as according to information on your website we must save for atleast 6 consecutive months to get 2000.00 Bonus Interest but in my situation I might find a house soon and drawdown mortgage in 3 or 4 months , so would you allow me to complete my consecutive 6 months even after drawdown my mortgage and then give me Bonus Interest ? I couldn,t get this information and went to bank as well but they were not sure , so can you check that for me please with your experts in this field as I will decide if I will open this account or not after you reply. ? 

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Hi bluemoon2,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

The Mortgage Saver bonus is paid at drawdown so you would need to meet the terms and conditions for the bonus before you drawdown your mortgage. Apologies that this was not checked for you when you went to a branch.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement