Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gearbox for tecking

Options
  • 23-07-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I'm looking for advice on what are the most reliable gearboxes you have had experience with.
    I'm getting into tecking and I'm looking for a good reliable gearbox as a base for my builds and so far I have only worked with G&G gearboxes.
    I'm not going to be building some super 50 RPS M200 builds, just some nicely sounding 13:1 HT motor builds with nice trigger response and looking for a good gearbox to contain such build.
    So far I have considered Guarder enhanced V2 and Retro Arms CNC V2.
    Also, thinking about getting a split gearbox but don't know if they are any good.

Any input is most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MichaelDevers

Is it a specific branded V2 gearbox that you want for reliability, or considering any other type of gearbox (V1, V2, V3, etc...)?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭czaczaja

Is it a specific branded V2 gearbox that you want for reliability, or considering any other type of gearbox (V1, V2, V3, etc...)?

I'm working on a G&G M4's so I'm looking for a V2 that will be compatible with the body and something with decent tolerances etc so its shimmable and I don't have to worry it'll crack after 10k shots.

I've seen several threads on the airsoft Reddit forums where most people swear by the Lonex V2 gearbox shell. AirsoftEire sells them for €45 under the ULTIMATE brand by ASG (Just OEM'd by Lonex). In terms of tolerance and compatibility, it'll be something to look into.

Also, if you G&G AEG is one of the pneumatic types, other parts of the AEG may run into compatibility issues.

I've seen several threads on the airsoft Reddit forums where most people swear by the Lonex V2 gearbox shell. AirsoftEire sells them for €45 under the ULTIMATE brand by ASG (Just OEM'd by Lonex). In terms of tolerance and compatibility, it'll be something to look into.

Also, if you G&G AEG is one of the pneumatic types, other parts of the AEG may run into compatibility issues.

Thanks! One of them is an EBB shell which I hate and that's really the main reason I want a substitute.

Just to add onto Post #3, you mentioned about the gearbox not cracking after +10K shots. Have you looked into radiusing a V2 gearbox? It allows for the load to be spread over a wider area rather than specific points around the cylinder and cylinder head. This video gives a good representation. There are dozens of videos on YouTube on how to do this.

Another method would be to use an M-Block, which is meant to reinforce the front portion of the gearbox. However, these may run into compability issues with the rotary wheel styled hop up chambers that are becoming more common in M4's, and I'm not 100% on how effective these are.

• Advertisement

Thats a sweet video! Yes, I have all my shells radiused. I have just got an M-Block and I'm using the G&G hopup system with their proprietary brace installed.

Advertisement