Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are so many fat?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

doylefe wrote: »
    So much fat on dating apps. 80% of the matches I get are fat ones.

I'm clearly in shape on my profile. Do these fat ones really think I'm going to want to match with them?

If you're matching with them then you must be swiping right on them? Why are you swiping right if you think they are fatties? Makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Ah for a second I thought it was our fault, glad we can pass the buck. Obviously in Sweden they don't have tired parents, junk food or school runs

That prompted me to check out their school lunches, bingo ! same as France.

Proper school lunches, it's a huge part of the education.

Here, it's a completely different mindset (and not the right one I think !) : given a choice, both staff and students would rather eat away at the time they are given for lunch (;)) than have a proper, longer sit down lunch.

I work in a school. We are gradually reducing lunchtime.
    Over years, 10 minutes have been lost, so that people could finish the school day earlier. Our lunches used to be 50 minutes (already short), they are now 40. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it brought down to 35, then 30 minutes.

This is all sorts of wrong, and passes on the wrong message that food itself at lunchtime is secondary, that it's really a necessary as quick as possible "gulping down" opportunity, so that the real day can continue.

Michael Moore's clip on French cantines is well known, and here's a link to Sweden's lunches :
    School lunches are served in many countries, but the Swedish school meal model is unique in offering free meals to all children in the ages 7-16 and to most students aged 16-19, on an everyday basis.

https://www.livsmedelsverket.se/en/food-habits-health-and-environment/maltider-i-vard-skola-och-omsorg/skola

Advertisement