Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Eye Curing well and Wart well in Dublin area

Options
  • 23-07-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm looking for a wart well and eye curing well around the Dublin 15 area or even somewhere near Dublin.If anyone knows of one then please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Honestly, go to your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

I did that and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Neither will some manky old well.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

L1011 wrote: »
    Neither will some manky old well.

Thats where you're wrong.

He'll catch some godforsaken infection which will prompt his immune system to go into overdrive and the wart virus will be collateral damage in the immuno pathogenic war....or you know, God took time out from watching little children dying of Cancer to cure our friend here's wart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There is a well in (funny enough) Ladyswell, opposite the Mulhuddart Cemetery as far as I remember or along that same stretch of road anyway. What it might or might not cure, I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

That's the only well around that I know. But, seriously I'd take Victor's advice and go to a doctor, or a different doctor to get a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

There hasnt been water in the Well near the Graveyard for several years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Fair enough, I have only ever driven by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

I do not know of a wary one but there is one in finglas for eyes

Class: Ritual site - holy well

Townland: FINGLAS EAST

Scheduled for inclusion in the next revision of the RMP: Yes

Description: This is a natural spring enclosed within a railing and embellished with a monument to St Patrick, murals and a grotto. A stone-lined bath in the front may have been built in the 1760's when the well was developed as a spa (Daly 1957, 20; Ó Danachair, 1958, 76). This was a station well according to the Ordnance Survey Name Books. The waters were thought to cure sore eyes and inveterate ulcers. Still venerated.
    Compiled by: Geraldine Stout

Date of upload: 26 August 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Calibos wrote: »

He'll catch some godforsaken infection which will prompt his immune system to go into overdrive and the wart virus will be collateral damage in the immuno pathogenic war....or you know, God took time out from watching little children dying of Cancer to cure our friend here's wart.

threestooges.jpg

Calibos wrote:

Calibos wrote:

No,as a few years ago my brother had warts and a lady told us about a wart well.Used the water and his warts were cured but I used to live in Tullamore back then.

miamee wrote:
    There is a well in (funny enough) Ladyswell, opposite the Mulhuddart Cemetery as far as I remember or along that same stretch of road anyway. What it might or might not cure, I have no idea.

That's a holy well,but as far as I know there isn't any water there anymore.

That's the only well around that I know. But, seriously I'd take Victor's advice and go to a doctor, or a different doctor to get a second opinion.

Did that went to multiple doctors but no cure.

miamee wrote:
    Fair enough, I have only ever driven by it.

Yeah

I do not know of a wary one but there is one in finglas for eyes

Class: Ritual site - holy well

Townland: FINGLAS EAST

Scheduled for inclusion in the next revision of the RMP: Yes

Description: This is a natural spring enclosed within a railing and embellished with a monument to St Patrick, murals and a grotto. A stone-lined bath in the front may have been built in the 1760's when the well was developed as a spa (Daly 1957, 20; Ó Danachair, 1958, 76). This was a station well according to the Ordnance Survey Name Books. The waters were thought to cure sore eyes and inveterate ulcers. Still venerated. Compiled by: Geraldine Stout

Date of upload: 26 August 2011

Thanks John.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

If OP wants to visit a Holy well its his choice, no reason for people to be d1cks about it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Seriously OP, there's no such thing as a healing well, might as well be looking for unicorn urine to splash in your eye. Seek a real solution to your problem.
    Warts will go away by themselves in most cases. If you are blind no amount of unicorn wee will change that, if you're not seek a second, third or 4th opinion from a doctor. Dont be wasting your time looking for magic water.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

If OP wants to visit a Holy well its his choice, no reason for people to be d1cks about it.

I don't see people being dicks.

I see people pointing out the fact that there are no magic wells with water that cures disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

The only thing you'll get from the well in Mulhuddart is disease not cure.

Also its called Ladyswell because of the well. The well is Our Lady's Well. The estate behind it is called Wellview because you can see the well from parts of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭onform

OP, whatever happens I hope you get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Gaspode wrote: »
    Seriously OP, there's no such thing as a healing well, might as well be looking for unicorn urine to splash in your eye. Seek a real solution to your problem.
    Warts will go away by themselves in most cases. If you are blind no amount of unicorn wee will change that, if you're not seek a second, third or 4th opinion from a doctor. Dont be wasting your time looking for magic water.

Trust me, warts will go away by themselves. When I was a teenager I was plagued with them. I counted 27 on my hands alone and some on my knees. Then in a matter of months they all just disappeared and they never came back (fingers crossed).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK, since Boards.ie does not allow people to seek/give medical advice, I think we can apply the same rule to people looking for voodoo advice and close this thread now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement