Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening the road between Milltown and Killorglin?

Options
  • 23-07-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Looks like they're building a new road (which would be great).

Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

New road being built from Milltown Heights to Tinahalla, thus avoiding all the bends on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

A description can be found here:
    http://www.ciarrai.ie/en/allservices/roads/part8-n70kilderrybendsimprovementscheme/
    Of all the roads in Kerry, I am really wondering why this was such a priority. The existing road had already been improved a lot in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

embraer170 wrote: »
    Of all the roads in Kerry, I am really wondering why this was such a priority. The existing road had already been improved a lot in recent years.

Agree. If they just resurfaced it...…….

I do hope they resurface the bit coming into Killorglin just before the Salmon Smokery - it's terrible and been like that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

That will be done in the autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Slasher wrote: »
    Agree. If they just resurfaced it...…….

I do hope they resurface the bit coming into Killorglin just before the Salmon Smokery - it's terrible and been like that for years.

Unfortunately this Road has been the scene of Fatal Accidents

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

TII (Transport Infrastructure Ireland) continually maintain a list of the worst stretches of road in the country in safety terms and upgrade these as funding becomes available. The N70 Kilderry bends have been near the top of the list for some time and got the green light last year. The new road will be a huge improvement on the old road and will also feature a climbing/overtaking lane for 2km going from Killorglin to Milltown.

Advertisement