Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Tour 2018 stage 16:Carcassonne - Bagnères-de-Luchon 218km

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

It would be interesting to see the average speed for the 80km after the race resumed following the farmer's protest. It looked absolutely savage until the break finally got away.

1004594782-800x533.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

He didn't even lose his glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

1004594782-800x533.jpg

"Meanwhile Neymar who went over the wall with Gilbert rolled out of the trees at the bottom of the hill 2 hours later holding his ankle and crying like a baby"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Gilbert has been diagnosed with a fractured kneecap.
    How he managed to complete the rest of the stage I will never know.

Hard as fcuk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I know a guy who fell on his commute, got back on and continued for another 20k to his office. Leg was a bit sore, got quite swollen so colleagues brought him to A&E at lunch. He broke his kneecap when he fell.

Apparently broken knee cap is not too debilitating, although I'd still never want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Hurrache wrote: »
    Apparently broken knee cap is not too rehabilitating, although I'd still never want one.

Debilitating?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's the one. I did have a struggle with autocompletion suggesting all sorts which I thought I had won, but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

So, what are your predictions for the explosive (hopefully) little stage today? Movistar to try something which will help make it interesting but won't work for them in the end and our boy Sir Froome to attack with 5k to go and take the win and get yellow. Just. 
    Last km is 10.2 %, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

hinault wrote: »
    Some descending from the Alphilippe. I don't like him and his showboating.

I'm normally someone who doesn't like showboating before the finish etc., but I like Alaphilippe. Stylish rider with lots of charisma, flamboyance and panache. Magnifique!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Gilbert has been diagnosed with a fractured kneecap.
    How he managed to complete the rest of the stage I will never know.

Hard as fcuk!

Indeed:

https://twitter.com/PhilippeGilbert/status/1022061942104567808

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus :eek: that looks horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

that tattoo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Inquitus wrote: »
    He came in on his own just inside the cut, he was over 20 minutes down before they hit the climbs, not sure how he only lost another 20 from thereon in, bet his arms got a good workout!

TeL2ny9.png

https://twitter.com/MRasmussen1974/status/1022100071377190912

:D

Advertisement