Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance and sublet

Options
  • 23-07-2018 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,
    Do you know any home insurance that covers the owner subletting bedrooms ?
    I have found that 321 and Allianz allow for paying guests, are there other ones ?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just ask if you arent sure but every home insurer that I've ever dealt with (pretty much all of them) will provide automatic cover for the home owner to lease out up to 2 rooms provided the home owner themselves is a full time occupant of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jmb1

I don't like when we have to ask, and things are not clearly written in the policy booklet.

We know that in case of problems, insurance companies will look for any excuse not to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

As above most underwriters give up to 2 paying guests as standard, at least in my brokers. We would deal with 10.

Advertisement