Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset replacement

Options
  • 24-07-2018 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Trying to source headset for Trek Emonda SL6 2016 , would anyone on here have done this recently and if so could they advise where to get bearings please, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I get bearings from Dickson bearings in Finglas. If your not sure what bearings you need, just bring one of them to them and they’ll know and I’d be surprised if they don’t have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭youtheman

I've ordered headset bearings from here before, very cost competitive : https://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/components.html?cat=32 .  But you need to know the bearing OD, ID, height and angle.  Sometimes this information is stamped on the bearing surface.  Or (I think) all this information is contained in the bearing ACB number (if you know what it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dafman

youtheman wrote: »
    I've ordered headset bearings from here before, very cost competitive : https://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/components.html?cat=32 .  But you need to know the bearing OD, ID, height and angle.  Sometimes this information is stamped on the bearing surface.  Or (I think) all this information is contained in the bearing ACB number (if you know what it is).

Tks for reply, I had look at web above and item ten on first page( right side at bottom of page) looks like what I after ad sizes are identical, I got sizes from mail to trek. Only thing is that actual spec on website mentions " integrated " , ? Tks

Advertisement