Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I40 air conditioning problem

Options
  • 24-07-2018 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

For the last number of weeks I've had a problem with my Air Con. Sometimes it works fine, then other times I just get warm air. (Air con was switched on every time)

Went to a local place to get the Air Con recharged to see if that was the problem and was told that appeared my system didn't have a leak, but the compressor wasn't kicking in.

Has anyone else had this happen with the I40 or any ideas of cost to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Does this problem occur when the stop/start system in your car kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

mikeecho wrote: »
    Does this problem occur when the stop/start system in your car kicks in.

Hi Mikeecho, No I have 2013 Hyundai I40 and it has no stop/start system.

The engine is running all the time, and I change the air con settings around to demist or auto etc to see if it changes which it doesn't.

Just some times I start my car at lunch time, its working fine. I start the car going home, and its not there. I try turning the car off and on again and still nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Could be electrical or the compressor clutch not engaging.

I'd ask an a/c expert to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Could be electrical or the compressor clutch not engaging.

I'd ask an a/c expert to have a look.

I'm not far from my local Hyundai dealer, would it be best going to them.

Not sure where closest AC company is to me. Live near cavan, work in Navan.

Advertisement