Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online courses

Options
  • 24-07-2018 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

I like doing online software related courses to keep my skills up to do date.

However, many charge a few hundred per year. Just wondering, what are people's preferred options here?

I did a few Scala courses on Coursera they were very good. But now Coursera is charging making me think, why not just buy a few O'Reilly books instead.
    Similarly, I am wondering if other options are better value.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

if you dont like the monthly model its probably not for you, but i found pluralsight to be decent.

it has a lot of content, older as well as new. i think its 29.99 a month.

i liked the offline option in the mobile app that let me do the module when commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Have you tried Udemy.com they have lots of different teachers with uploaded content once you buy a course you will always have access they also have an app and you can also download content. May not have courses you want but its on demand and always sales i got some for €9.99, €14.99 and €19.99 on sales which they have a lot maybe one a month web based and android/ios access.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Have you looked at Codecademy? https://www.codecademy.com/
    The free courses are excellent, haven't tried the premium version.

Advertisement