Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre FUP policy removal

Options
  • 24-07-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was told last week that Eir efibre is going full unlimited (specifically removing the FUP limitiations) from this week onwards for all new contracts. Could you please confirm that this is the case.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi,
    I was told last week that Eir efibre is going full unlimited (specifically removing the FUP limitiations) from this week onwards for all new contracts. Could you please confirm that this is the case.
    thanks in advance
    Hi irishgrover ,

As of yet, we have no information regarding this. If we do make any changes they will be broadcasted to all of our customers.

Out of interest, where did you get this information from?

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Thomas,
    so to be clear, you are stating that this is not the case? If I sign up today there is still a 1TB FUP limit? I'm asking as I was about to switch (need access to the rugby on eir sports)

With regards to where I got it -> it was your sales team. I'm failly sure this is what they said.
    thanks in advance

Hi Thomas,
    so to be clear, you are stating that this is not the case? If I sign up today there is still a 1TB FUP limit? I'm asking as I was about to switch (need access to the rugby on eir sports)

With regards to where I got it -> it was your sales team. I'm failly sure this is what they said.
    thanks in advance
    There is still a fair usage policy in place as of today, with no update on this changing in the near future.

Thanks

Thomas

thanks for the update Thomas....

not aimed at you personally but it really is shocking that your company has such a terrible inbuilt culture of lying and fraud...all at the expense of your customers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

not aimed at you personally but it really is shocking that your company has such a terrible inbuilt culture of lying and fraud...all at the expense of your customers...

An insider has posted on the Broadband forum that the FUP is going as of tomorrow. I'd tend to believe him/her.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107601861&postcount=1662

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107602005&postcount=1666

• Advertisement

An insider has posted on the Broadband forum that the FUP is going as of tomorrow. I'd tend to believe him/her.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107601861&postcount=1662

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107602005&postcount=1666
    I look forward to gorging on my humble pie if this is the case :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I posted this in the Eir rural FTTH thread -->
    ninja 12 wrote: »
    I've just looked at  the Eir site .
    It now says "no usage caps "
    456645.jpg
    When  I log in , there's no usage stats anymore . There was yesterday .
    Please let it be true :D:D

@ eir reps ,

Can we have an official clarification from Eir .

Yesterday when I logged into my Eir account I could see my download stats / usage for the month .

Now I can't .

Are the usage limits gone from Fibre Extreme packages or not ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

@ eir reps ,

Can we have an official clarification from Eir .

Yesterday when I logged into my Eir account I could see my download stats / usage for the month .

Now I can't .

Are the usage limits gone from Fibre Extreme packages or not ?

Thanks
    ....  and while you are clarifying the above you might also make clear whether this new policy (no FUP or 'cap') applies to all new extreme broadband contracts.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi reps

I am on a fftc contract and want to know if I now have unlimited broadband as in no cap.

I'd be very disappointed if this was only for new customers especially when we can't even see the usage on the my eir app.

If we were to resign to a new 12 month contract I presume this wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi reps

I am on a fftc contract and want to know if I now have unlimited broadband as in no cap.

I'd be very disappointed if this was only for new customers especially when we can't even see the usage on the my eir app.

If we were to resign to a new 12 month contract I presume this wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
    Hi Everyone,

We have just received confirmation that any customers that sign up for "Truly Unlimited Broadband" will receive an uncapped usage allowance which is viewable here.

Any customer that signed up prior to this will remain the same with a 1TB allowance.

We are aware customers have been experiencing issues viewing usage on their "my eir" accounts, we are hoping to have this resolved soon.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me here.

Thanks

Thomas

For those customers who signed up prior to 25th July 2018, eir Fibre packages with unlimited usage are subject to a Fair Usage policy of 1TB per month; usage in excess of 1TB will be charged at €2.50 (inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to maximum of €100 (inc. VAT) per month. This is not applicable to customers who sign up on or after 25th July 2018.

Here it is in black and white on page 6:

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf

Well as an existing customer I am not one bit happy to being treated differently to new customers being signed up and am not willing to pay any extra data charges. Start treating all of your customers fairly.

If I go over my data this month I am not paying extra as I can't even see what our data usage is on my eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Well as an existing customer I am not one bit happy to being treated differently to new customers being signed up and am not willing to pay any extra data charges. Start treating all of your customers fairly.

If I go over my data this month I am not paying extra as I can't even see what our data usage is on my eir.
    Is it time to tell Eir to FUP off?

Hi reps

Thanks
    Hi Everyone,

We have just received confirmation that any customers that sign up for "Truly Unlimited Broadband" will receive an uncapped usage allowance which is viewable here.

Any customer that signed up prior to this will remain the same with a 1TB allowance.

We are aware customers have been experiencing issues viewing usage on their "my eir" accounts, we are hoping to have this resolved soon.

Thanks

Thomas
    Well , 

Isn't that just a nice kick in the nuts for being a long standing customer of Eir .

What a really nice way to reward your loyal customers who decided to give Eir yet another chance at being a customer focused company

:(  :(

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

Hi reps

Thanks
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Thomas
    Well , 

Isn't that just a nice kick in the nuts for being a long standing customer of Eir .

What a really nice way to reward your loyal customers who decided to give Eir yet another chance at being a customer focused company

3 people where i work are out of contract in the next four months with eir, we will all be moving to sky now.  Could the eir reps give contact details here for someone who was part of this decision making process so unhappy customers like me with over 30 years non-stop with eir can tell this person exactly why we are leaving.

kenny111 wrote: »
    Hi reps

Thanks
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Thomas
    Well , 

3 people where i work are out of contract in the next four months with eir, we will all be moving to sky now.  Could the eir reps give contact details here for someone who was part of this decision making process so unhappy customers like me with over 30 years non-stop with eir can tell this person exactly why we are leaving.
    Same here ,
    Lifelong customer of Eircom / Eir .

I only got Fibre installed in the middle of May , so 10 month of contract left .

An absolute disgrace from Eir regarding caps / FUP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,524 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

kenny111 wrote: »
    Can just recontract when the current contract finishes and get the unlimited download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

This is so stupid. I have the promotional pamphlet the sales guy gave us last year and it reads "absolutely no usage limits". It's actually disgusting that you want existing customers to upgrade from "absolutely no usage limits" to "totally unlimited".
    Things like this only happen in Ireland, especially when It's a British/French company who couldn't care less about mugging us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pring

It is great business to give benefits to new customers and not give them to existing customers? Absolute joke of a company. I was already annoyed that I had to pay 100 euro for installation when a friend didn't have to a month prior but this is a serious problem. 1TB isn't enough and new customers get uncapped. Terrible company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looking at my Eir bill (existing customer) it now shows usage as 147.627 GB / Unlimited. 

Are we still saying that Unlimited is extremely limited? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

Looking at my Eir bill (existing customer) it now shows usage as 147.627 GB / Unlimited. 

It depends. A few people watching Netflix at HD for a few hours a day, windows updates which are multiple GB's, Snapchat / Instagram, downloading and updating games onto consoles, updating iOS... It all adds up, and that's before we start to talk about 4K,which on a connection that's at least 150Mbps is totally possible.

Yes as you are an existing customer that signed up before yesterday the 1TB limit is still in place. As far as I'm aware that usage meter in my eir has always said "unlimited". How all the ISPs get away with such blatant misrepresentation is beyond me.

Is 1TB equal to 1000 GB? Just to confirm.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,524 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is 1TB equal to 1000 GB? Just to confirm.

Thanks
    Yes

Advertisement