Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Half Marathon Sunday 23rd September @10am

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Safiri wrote: »
    I downloaded the sportstiming tracker app from the google play store.

Cheers E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Perfect conditions for today's race. Really enjoyed it. Was a PB for me so am delighted. Some spread of sandwiches after. Will definitely be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I went for it today but blew at 15k. Ran well but learnt my strength is not there.

Ran 1:41 in the end. First half on 6 years so roll on next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nightmare for me. Couldn't expect any better given my recent training though.
    Savage running by most other boardsies. Pb's and solid efforts galore.
    Great race and course. Killer final mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Nightmare for me. Couldn't expect any better given my recent training though.
    Savage running by most other boardsies. Pb's and solid efforts galore.
    Great race and course. Killer final mile!
    Injuries or what? Stay patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Love this race, great organization, closed roads, nice course and deep field make it easily my favorite half. Weather was ideal this morning too. No Pb for me but finished a minute up on last year in 1:28:31. Faded a bit over the last 5k but happy enough. 10/10 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Itziger wrote: »
    Injuries or what? Stay patient.

No injuries.
    Circumstances and laziness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I went for it today but blew at 15k. Ran well but learnt my strength is not there.

Ran 1:41 in the end. First half on 6 years so roll on next year.

We've all been in that boat, blew up just after Kilmallock a few years back, had to walk for a while & then continue at a much slower pace back to the finish :o

Tried giving 1:24:xx a lash yesterday but alas not to be & finished a smidgin under 1:25:30. I'm on a bit of build up to a marathon in the US in Oct so it's Charleville, Cork to Cobh next w/end & then the 3/4 marathon the w/end after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

opus wrote: »
    We've all been in that boat, blew up just after Kilmallock a few years back, had to walk for a while & then continue at a much slower pace back to the finish :o

Tried giving 1:24:xx a lash yesterday but alas not to be & finished a smidgin under 1:25:30. I'm on a bit of build up to a marathon in the US in Oct so it's Charleville, Cork to Cobh next w/end & then the 3/4 marathon the w/end after.

Yeah first year on the course, will come back more aware next year.

I stuck it out and didn't walk it when it was easier to do it. Hopefully the mental strength is back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Really enjoyed running this again. 6 seconds slower than PB, from same race last year. Better run in some ways - not following pace group so more mid-pack racing involved! Flawless organisation and what a huge pile of buns afterwards. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yeah loved it. Second time running it but first time as a serious attempt. Couldn't ask for a flatter route. Couple of drags but you'd do well to find a flatter route outside of running on a track. Very well organised. Pacers for 80mins you don't see very often (at least in these parts anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

We arrived, we raced, we conquered.

Ok so not really. P did win the smackdown but that's ok as we both had a great race and PB'd.
    He stayed wth the 1:40 pacers but I backed off from mile 2 as felt a pinch in the calf.

The storm didn't arrive thankfully. Great conditions and unexpected sunshine.

I didn't think I would last as was finding it tough heading into Killmallock.

A great race and the hotel was super.

Well done to all involved.

We got to meet Swash and diego_b.

1:41:07 for me which I'm really pleased with.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Great race in perfect conditions, Managed a PB of 1.28.20. Stuck with one of the 1.30 pacers who was about 1 minute up by half way and i pulled away from them for the rest. Bring on DCM.

Advertisement