Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor who will actually LISTEN

• 24-07-2018 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

I know this thread comes up every so often, but could anyone recommend a doctor in Limerick that will actually LISTEN to you and try and help.
    I've just had enough of being fobbed off my mine. The practice is a nightmare. It's getting harder and harder to get an appointment and next to impossible to see the same doctor every time.
    They've put their prices up again. I wouldn't mind if I actually came out feeling as though something had been done, but I feel as though I'm just being passed from pillar to post. I have to tell them every time what I think is wrong and have had to ask for referrals because the attitude just seems to be "Ah we'll see how it goes"

I'm not someone who's there every five minutes (I couldn't afford to be!) but I have had to go back a couple of times lately with a recurring problem and I just feel as though I'm annoying them by being there and I'm not actually getting sorted. It's costing me everytime I go back because they're certainly not shy about charging.

I'm not too bothered about whether the GP is male or female, but maybe a smaller practice (one doctor?) where it's not a problem trying to see someone and most importantly where I'll actually be listened to and not just treated as a number and fobbed off everytime.

EDIT: Around city or suburbs preferably, but would be willing to travel up to half an hour outside the city for someone really good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

I recommend this practice, you can choose your GP and only see him/her for continuity purposes, not sure if they taking on new patients

www.dooradoylemedicalcentre.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Stanford wrote: »
    not sure if they taking on new patients

They are not as far as I'm aware but I would recommend Dr Stephen Roche at that practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Dooradoyle medical centre aren't taking new clients as far as I know, but worth a quick call anyway. Think there may be a waiting list. Don't know of a Dr Roche in there though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Don't know of a Dr Roche

He definitely is, he also operates out of Parnell St though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Have a good friend who is a GP.. apparently a lot of practices are not taking on new patient's, and those that are are already oversubscribed in some instances... you may not get what you hope for out of switching. But worth a try. Apparently consultation rates for under 6's have doubled so it's difficult for everybody else to get equal access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I've been going to Abbeygrove Surgery down in Harrys Mall the last 17yrs and have to say the two doctors are very good to deal with and its a family practice so is it's a husband and wife that work there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

davo2001 wrote: »
    He definitely is, he also operates out of Parnell St though.

He operates across from McDonald’s. Nothing to do with the center newr Collins’s bar. The Surgery, Dooradoyle.

Advertisement