Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster mortage loan offer turnaround

• 24-07-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to find out how long folks here been waiting for a loan offer from Ulster Bank?
    So far it's been approx 19 days and doesn't look like it will end soon.

I am going through the broker. I got approval in principle on 18th of May. They had a few questions about some transactions but were happy to proceed. On 12th of July, got info from a broker that my application is in the queue to be printed. Nothing since then, except multiple assurances from a broker that my loan offer should come in any day now.

What is your experience? One of the lads who's buying a house next to me is in the same boat. He said UB outsources a lot of services and that's what's causing the delay.

Just wanted to know should I entertain other banks like KBC etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask the Broker. That's what he's paid for.

Tell him you are unhappy and may look at other options........

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eletromecca123

yeah, that's what I've been saying to the broker for last 3 weeks. They blame the bank for being slow, which I believe is true.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

yeah, that's what I've been saying to the broker for last 3 weeks. They blame the bank for being slow, which I believe is true.

So what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eletromecca123

Want to find out how long others had to wait. I mean 20 days is quite long time for loan offer to be printed don't you think?
    I've already asked the broker to put me through KBC, but that will be another 2 weeks.

Advertisement