Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype sending me around in circles

Options
  • 24-07-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

My Skype account was hacked a few months ago. No damage done and I've got back to normal on my PC and phone. However it still won't let me in on my laptop. I have gone through half a dozen re-sets and security confirmations but it seems to have gone berserk - changing my account name to my email address, registering my account against a phone number instead of the name I've used and refusing to recognise any password. When I try to use the feedback option on Skype it sends me around in circles again.

Is there any way to talk to someone at Skype and go through this with them step by step?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

A further problem. I get as far as having my Skype name and password recognised but it then sends a verification code to an old email address that no longer works. No alternative way of getting the verification code ( e.g. text to my registered number) is offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stulawn

I've been there, done that, gave up and created a new skype account because I also got stuck in the endless loop as I didn't have access to an old work email address and Microsoft won't let you verify any other way. It's maddening. There is no way to talk to any one. I tried posting in the skype user forum and got meaningless answers from skype support who couldn't understand the Catch-22 situation at all.

Stu

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

stulawn wrote: »
    I've been there, done that, gave up and created a new skype account because I also got stuck in the endless loop as I didn't have access to an old work email address and Microsoft won't let you verify any other way. It's maddening. There is no way to talk to any one. I tried posting in the skype user forum and got meaningless answers from skype support who couldn't understand the Catch-22 situation at all.

Stu
    I eventually found a way to get in contact online with a techie at Skype - it is buried deep in their website.
    He sorted it - he took control of my PC and made the necessary changes to my account. It probably took an hour but he was very good and its grand now.

Advertisement