Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dehumidifier to donate

Options
  • 24-07-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been trying to sell online a new dehumidifier, still sealed in its box. However, I've been finding it hard and I have to move out on the 31/7.
    If I don't succeed, I give it away for free, but rather than giving it to anyone, I'd like to donate it for a good cause.
    Unfortunately, most charity shops don't take electrical goods.
    I was wondering if there is a place where I can bring it to, maybe a hostel for homeless people or some community centre? I just don't know where to start my research and I have little time left.
    Thank you for any suggestion you could give to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I will buy it from you. I have Sarcoidosis and HFA. i am stuck in a timber cabin until the council can sort out a council house for me somewhere. If not I suggest Saint Vincent de Paul. I would be grateful for it and would use it for my home. Many thanks in Advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

I will buy it from you. I have Sarcoidosis and HFA. i am stuck in a timber cabin until the council can sort out a council house for me somewhere. If not I suggest Saint Vincent de Paul. I would be grateful for it and would use it for my home. Many thanks in Advance.

Thank you for your message.
    SVP are the ones I contacted, they don't accept electrical tools.
    Where are you located? Do you want to contact me in private?

Hi. I replied to your private message, I'm not sure if you got it. I'm not very familiar with this system...

Sorted! Eventually I brought it to Oxfam shop.
    I was delighted to hear that they do accept electrical appliances and they have the licence to sell them. Just double check with them first though, there are certain items that they cannot deal with.

Advertisement