If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Speakers + AVR recommendation

Options
  • 24-07-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I spoke to someone in the store on friday around 2pm that was supposed to email me details but didn't. No idea who it was though.

I'm interested in a home cinema sound system (AV Receiver and Speakers). I'm interested in having ATMOS capability for down the line but don't need it now.

Discussed these 2 speaker packages.

7000I Plus 

7000I Slim

The guy on the phone was adamant that they are priced the same which they are in sterling but in Euro they are vastly different. Is this correct?

Plus is €829, SLIM is €1079  

They are both £799 sterling however. 

He was recommending pairing it with this AVR. Does this sound like a good pairing?

I've a preference for the slim over the plus speakers.

On the assumption I can pay in Sterling, what is the best price you can give me for both (assuming you recommend them as a package) delivered to the republic?

Thanks,

SAS

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sas wrote: »
    Hi,

I spoke to someone in the store on friday around 2pm that was supposed to email me details but didn't. No idea who it was though.

I'm interested in a home cinema sound system (AV Receiver and Speakers). I'm interested in having ATMOS capability for down the line but don't need it now.

Discussed these 2 speaker packages.

7000I Plus 

7000I Slim

The guy on the phone was adamant that they are priced the same which they are in sterling but in Euro they are vastly different. Is this correct?

Plus is €829, SLIM is €1079  

They are both £799 sterling however. 

He was recommending pairing it with this AVR. Does this sound like a good pairing?

I've a preference for the slim over the plus speakers.

On the assumption I can pay in Sterling, what is the best price you can give me for both (assuming you recommend them as a package) delivered to the republic?

Thanks,

SAS
    Hi SAS.

Apologies for our delay in getting back to you.

Have you any ideas who you spoke to here at the store so I can have a word with them?

Our Euro pricing is not a direct conversion from the sterling as we also have to take into account our competitors within the South of Ireland.
    You can pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest.

Both the Slim and the Plus packs are now priced at £799.00
    The AVRX2400 is a very very good amp and would compliment these speakers very well. The 2400 is also very well reviewed with 5 stars in What HiFi.

The best price at the moment would be £1120 for the 2400 with the Plus pack or £1085 with the Slim pack.

There is also a cracking deal on the NEW AVRX2500 with the 7000 Plus or Slim at £1199.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2500h-q-acoustics-7000i-plus.html

Do you require speaker cables and a sublink or do you already have your own?

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Hi SAS.

Have you any ideas who you spoke to here at the store so I can have a word with them?

Our Euro pricing is not a direct conversion from the sterling as we also have to take into account our competitors within the South of Ireland.

The AVRX2400 is a very very good amp and would compliment these speakers very well. The 2400 is also very well reviewed with 5 stars in What HiFi.

The best price at the moment would be £1120 for the 2400 with the Plus pack or £1085 with the Slim pack.

There is also a cracking deal on the NEW AVRX2500 with the 7000 Plus or Slim at £1199.00

Hi,

No idea who it was, sorry. 

Which of the speaker packages would you recommend? The person I spoke to preferred the Slim. I'm not specifically limited by space.

I wired the room for 5.1 with Symphony 400 when building . Does that cover all my cabling needs?

No idea what a sublink is.

Always tempted by new tech but I'm already over my budget.

Thanks!

Hi SAS.

Hi,

No idea who it was, sorry. 

Which of the speaker packages would you recommend? The person I spoke to preferred the Slim. I'm not specifically limited by space.

I wired the room for 5.1 with Symphony 400 when building . Does that cover all my cabling needs?

No idea what a sublink is.

Always tempted by new tech but I'm already over my budget.

Thanks!
    Hey SAS.

The main difference is the subwoofer and the Plus pack would come with a larger sub producing deeper bass.
    Its really up to your self on which you like the look of best between the two subwoofers, as the plus is a good bit larger.

A sublink is just a single phono cable that is used to connect the subwoofer to the A/V receiver. Subwoofers do not run on speaker cable and use a phono cable instead as they have to be powered separately. Subwoofers need plugged into the mains.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-aud100-75m-sub-cable.aspx

The Symphony 400 you have already ran in will work for the 5 satellite speakers but the sub requires the single phono cable for connecting.

Ok, so following this a little further.

For the rear speakers I have 2 single gang boxes currently covered with a blank face. This is where I've run the Symphony 400 to.

My original thinking was that I'd pay for proper audio face plates but there are suggestions that this is necessarily the way to go. additional joins in the cabling etc.

Any recommendations on how to get the cable through the blank plate and into the speakers neatly?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi sas,

you have a number of options - you can drill out the blank plate to pretty much the exact dimensions of the cable and just bring it straight through - alternatively you can get a blank 'brush plate' and just screw it to the back box and this will allow you to bring any cable through the plate but still look neat 

Like this:
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/cable-power/cpz003/brush-plate-white-1-gang-black/dp/AV25025?st=brush%20wall%20plate

Either of these options will save you any joins and look pretty neat,

Hope that's helpful in some small way but as ever drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi sas,

you have a number of options - you can drill out the blank plate to pretty much the exact dimensions of the cable and just bring it straight through - alternatively you can get a blank 'brush plate' and just screw it to the back box and this will allow you to bring any cable through the plate but still look neat 

Like this:
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/cable-power/cpz003/brush-plate-white-1-gang-black/dp/AV25025?st=brush%20wall%20plate

Hope that's helpful in some small way but as ever drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

That's a really great (and cost effective) solution to my problem. I'll PM to sort out he order,

SAS

Hi sas,

Like this:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

That's a really great (and cost effective) solution to my problem. I'll PM to sort out he order,

SAS
    No worries SAS.

Just drop me a PM when your ready to order.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.