Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty TV after 5 weeks

Options
  • 24-07-2018 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Technician will call out to make sure it's the TV's problem.
    It could very well, and is more likely to be from your cables, or whatever unit you have plugged in.
    See what technician says and take it from there. Harvey Norman have a very very good reputation when it comes to handling faults

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

about 6 years ago i bought a washing machine for 600 euro after 3 days it broke.it got repaired but constantly broke down for the following 2 years.i had a battle with whirlpool for a refund which i got after a long time.the way they think is if it can be fixed fix it despite eventually costing hundreds of euro. 1 repair fella who looked at my machine said that the cost of parts and reairs ran out up to about 1600.go the your local cab office see what they can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Am I within my rights to refuse repair and ask for a refund or replacement?

For the first reported fault, no you are not.

For a small appliance like a toaster or a hairdryer, most retailers will replace but a big TV is a different matter so repair is always the first option they will attempt. They have the right to repair and if that fixes the problem, that's the end of it. If the fault persists, then you can demand a refund or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I bought a 4K tv off power city and it had a fault with the screen showing a shadow on one side, they sent it off to an LG approved repair place who said it was perfect, I still wasn’t happy so they called out to the house and I showed the guy the problem and he said it wasn’t faulty, just a crap tv! Had to sell it at a loss and buy a better model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

Harvey Norman have a very very good reputation when it comes to handling faults[/quote]

Not in my experience. Have found them very difficult at times when appliances which I have purchased from them broke down.

That been said since the tv was purchased very recently, I'm sure they'll fix it for the customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

The thing is, it's an intermittent fault. So someone could call out and look at the TV and see it working perfectly. But I have video proof of it acting up.
    i always record things that are broken just in case it decides to work when repair man is looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's not the cables and it's a ps4 Pro that's connected to it. I know it's not them because they worked flawlessly for a year with my old TV..

Is the PS4 the only thing connected to it? Does the TV work with either devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Set the PS back to default and reconfigure for new TV, it might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

IIRC PS4 Pros have can have some issues with TVs.

If other devices work well then the source of the problem is the input not the TV.

Advertisement