Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Courier service Ireland/UK

Options
  • 24-07-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend some of the cheapest courier services for sending small items from Ireland to the UK?

I want to sell different types of handmade jewellery and most of it is light weight. Weights will be from around 10g to 1kg.

Some of the smaller items might be able to be sent by envelope but ideally would need to be registered post to ensure I know customers receive items. But is Anpost worth using?

Basically I am looking for advice about best ways or cheapest courier services to send light weight and small items to the UK from Ireland (and sometimes within Ireland).

I have found old threads but many are very old and are out of date.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Also in the same boat.
    Anybody here have a ballpark figure of how much it could cost to send a small packet (under 1kg) in Ireland and UK.

I see some new retailers charging €4 and €6 respectively.

DPD quoted me €12 + vat for up to 31kg parcel to UK. Very good price if it weighs that much. Not such a good price if its under a kilo

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Also in the same boat.
    Anybody here have a ballpark figure of how much it could cost to send a small packet (under 1kg) in Ireland and UK.

I see some new retailers charging €4 and €6 respectively.

DPD quoted me €12 + vat for up to 31kg parcel to UK. Very good price if it weighs that much. Not such a good price if its under a kilo

Thanks

Hey Gerry, so far I have found that anpost are going to suit me the best. You can get a "large envelope" for 6 euros (500g) to the UK and pretty much rest of the world. If your item is very small then this maybe the best one, I am looking to sell some hand made jewellery, so this sounds perfect for me.

For items 500g to upto 1 kilo (including package), it is 10 euros to the UK and Europe then 13 euros to rest of the world.

I think this is pretty reasonable. I am sure once you have a number of items going out then you maybe able to get a better deal with anpost.

For more info on bigger items and prices, I found this link for anpost.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Sending+Mail/Standard/

Do let me know if you find anything better?

Cheers

Advertisement